PCV Check valve and mods

rangerjimbo

Since no was interested in buying my car I am left to look at what I plan to do next. So I started tinkering with it again, I wanted to put my PCV check valve back on. But once I did my BLM's went to about 138-141. When I just had a standard hose on it they would settle around 119-127. Anyone know why that would happen? I put hose clamps on the check valve to eliminate a vac leak. It had been a source of a vac leak before I took it off, so this time I wanted to put hose clamps on. I called Kirbans and checked just to make sure I had it in the right direction and it is.

When I get back from Afghanistan I will have some change to spend. I plan on adding a THDP (if I can find one), and the 2 3/4" SS exhaust from Full throttle, 60lb inj, and a TT chip. After that I am torn between adding a GT 6152 with a vigilante torque converter w/2800 stall, or just alky. I know the alky route is cheaper and would yield more results for the money, but I am more of the school of though to just keep it simple and basic. All things being equal, what kind of differences between these two setups would I see, and throw me some pluses and minuses between the two. Up front I always prefer to keep my car as close to stock as possible, i.e. I don't like to drill holes and attach things where they were not intended to be. Thanks