Performance gain from Stealth 70 to GTQ-71

Nojug

How much of a horsepower gain would I expect from switching from my Stealth 70 with a .63 housing and a P-trim to a GTQ-71 w/ a .85 housing. BTW its a PTE .63. Thanks.
Jay:cool:

Thanks Scott,
75 horsepower is good but I guess its not worth the 1600 for the upgrade.

$1,600 is the current price of a PT71-GTQ...it'll prolly come down in the none-too-distant future. But you really should factor in the proceeds you can get from selling your Stealth turbo IMO.

Yea your right Scott I wander what its worth I think I paid like 1,100 for it two years ago.

What is max boost for the Stealth (efficiency wise)? How is it at pump gas boost levels (15-17psi)? Ok on the street with a 9" converter?

I was not going to switch anyway my combo is just starting to run like it should all I need to do is turn the boost up, throwing a new turbo in the mix is the last thing I need. I was just curious about the new turbo.

Why get rid of the 70?? A 70 on a well tuned combo is enough turbo for high 9's at 27+ pounds of boost..and lets face it, if you want to go fast, you will have to put some boost in it.
Some guys seem to get caught up with the bigger is better or running a huge turbo at low boost will equal a smaller turbo at high boost. It isnt the same. Only time you will see guys flying on low boost is when they have heads and intakes that flow some air such as the guys that run actual Stage 2 heads along with a huge turbo.
Why not try to max out the combo you have.
The $1500 you would spend on the turbo could buy a set of GN1's or better porting of your current heads or some bullet proof trans parts. Not knocking you, just curious about the reasons for changing.