You can type here any text you want

Performance Gain With TA-49?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbocody

GOT BOOST!
ok guys, my stocker just gave out so i might go ahead and get a 49 so what kind of gains will i see with my combo? see sig below for mods. and the fastest i have run on the stocker is a 7.65 so what kind of track times are we talking about with the 49?

thanks,
cody

I'd like to hear that also since my 86 has run about the same #'s.

Are you going to keep the blue tops or up grade them also?

I wonder how far blue tops will take you?

well, then definately go with the ta 60, it wouldnt be that much of a diffrence from the 49 as far as your converter is concerned. i was gonna go with the 49 but was told that and am very happy.:D

I picked up about 8 tenths of a second going from maxed stock set up to a te44 (very similar to a ta49) msd 50s, and a THDP. There was no downside at all to the larger turbo.

The TA-49 was a big improvement over stock on my car yet, I wasn't as maxxed with the stock turbo as you were. That time at 20# on a stock turbo is awesome! I'd just like to run what you did on my TA-49!

If you have a stall larger than stock or plan on it I think you'll be happier with a larger turbo epecially with the mods you already have.

James

If you run 7.60's with a stock turbo do not waste your time with a 49. Step up to a 60 series.

I went 11.53@118 with a 49 at 23 psi and blue tops. If you go with a bigger turbo than a 49, you are going to need more injector than blues.

1/8 mile times were 7.30'S@93.

To run much faster than you are currently running, you need a 27-28" tall tire.

So ungn when do you consider the blue tops maxed out as my best with blues is 12.69 at 110 mph . I am considering buying 57lb thanks John

Originally posted by shawnz
So ungn when do you consider the blue tops maxed out as my best with blues is 12.69 at 110 mph . I am considering buying 57lb thanks John

In a TR, I wouldn't want to run much faster than 11.5's and 118 on 36# injectors.

They'll go faster than this, but it will be very lean (O2's dropping into the high 600's) and it will be melting the tops of the pistons.

They should be fine well into the 11's with good gas and enough tire that you aren't way over the power band in the 1/4 mile (over 5200 rpm)

Back