You can type here any text you want

Photo From 1989 Autoshow...where?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

Anyone know where this photo was taken? Also anyone got a good high resolution version, can't remember where I got this one but it's very low res and I'd like to have a paper print of it. My e-mail jlarsson@london.com

Attachments

• autoshow89.jpg
    autoshow89.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 158
Hello Girls
I was the one who posted it. When I bought my TTA last year, a friend of mine told me he had a photo that he took at the 89 Auto Show in New York City. (If you need to know the exact location, let me know and I will call him and ask where in NYC the show was held) He said that he took photos that day and by coincidence, took a photo of the TTA. When he took the photo the nose got cut off so what you see is what is in the photo. The photo is dark and basiclly the same quality as the one I posted.
Here is the original posting 89 TTA at auto show
I posted it in a .jpg format.
I scanned it as high as I could and it is saved on my pc in a .bmp at 8 megs.
If I remember correctly, when I tried to email to someone else a while back in the bmp format, it didnt go through
So, point is if anyone wants me to try it again, just give me your email and I will send it and let me know if you want the .jpg or the .bmp one
The other option is to borrow the photo again and try to have it duplicated at a photo store using the positvie. He no longer has the negatives.
Not sure what the cost would be having it duplicated without a negative though.
Hope that helps you.

Thanks for the info, if you can find out the location of the autoshow that would be cool.

Try e-mailing me the bmp file on jlarsson@tta1078.com and see if it works, if not I can set up a ftp area for you to upload it too. If I get the high resolution image I can have it printed here localy.

Appreciate the help and the info, sure some cool information for all of us.

Tried emailing them from my regular email and a hotmail account to both of you and keep getting messages that upload failed or undeliverable
Dont know any other way of doing it.

Jan Larsson said:
Thanks for the info, if you can find out the location of the autoshow that would be cool.

If it's from the NYC auto show, then it's at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center http://www.javitscenter.com/

I was at the 89 show but too young to remember, do have a pic of me from the show in a red 89 trans am :)

Steve

Does anyone know when the show was held?
Autoshows are always different throughout the states and such.
Not only that, but picture taking is hard at those places too. Either too low light, or way too much. And, on top of that, all the reflections from all the lights about the cars.
Nice picture though.

George :cool:

There's got to be some way to find out the VIN number of that car. I'm sure Pontiac has that written down somewhere.

Damn, that is cool. That is one pic I don't have. It is not in any magazines that I can remember.

Anyway (hijack).

I am selling a lot of my extra stuff on ebay.
Here is a list of the stuff I have for sale next. You guys have first dibs.

Make me an offer and shipping is $4.05.

Two page ad for TTA and some other Pontiacs. (I have three of these). One is mint. One has a small rip in the bottom in the middle. I think it could be hidden. I don't remember the condition of the third one.

Two page Ad with TTA and turbo grand prix.

Two page Ad with TTA and indy car.

20th anniversery TTA ad. (two of these)

I don't remember which ones are suitable for framing and which ones are just "good". I will check when I get home tonight if any of you are interested.

Back