You can type here any text you want

Picked up some rims... 17x9 Ronal R9's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1BUICKT

I purchased this set of rims from a guy on CL because the deal was too good to pass up. They're as the title says 17x9 Ronal R9's with 5" backspace. I've always been a huge fan of these style rims ever since Saleen was using similar ones on their Mustangs in the late 80's-90's and being that they are 17x9 (which I'm thinking is pretty rare), I'm sorta debating on running them on my TR. Do any of you by chance have any pics of the same type of rims of the same size mounted up on a TR?

Thanks,
Johnny
image.jpg

Those would look pretty bad ass with polished lips and black center spokes.

Those would look pretty bad ass with polished lips and black center spokes.
My car is a black & chrome 87 Limited (with all of the lower chrome removed). I was thinking something more along the lines of maybe gold rims with a polished lip... Everbody on every vehicle seems to be running black and chrome rims, this would be something different and Im thinking the contrast would really pop. Still up in the air though. I have a perfect set of T rims on the car now with matching rear Vectors in the garage too.
image.jpg

You could do polished lip and dark grey too.

That would be a vintage look but then you'd have to wear a headband and parachute pants to get back to the 80s.

I think that would look bad ass with the gold center and polished lip. Yes it is from the 80's lol. My Burgundy T had Gold GTA rims.

Even though it's a Monte... ;) I'm really liking the way the size of the rims fill the wheel well. Here is a current pic of my TR that I took the day before yesterday... Thinking my 17x9's would look about the same as far as stance and filler. I've done some searching and it seems the 255-45 or 255-40 may be the way to go as far as tire.
image.jpg

That would be a vintage look but then you'd have to wear a headband and parachute pants to get back to the 80s.

Dont forget to flip up the collar on your izod shirt. MC Hammer wore parachute pants too. I need to get me a pair of those:D

Dont forget to flip up the collar on your izod shirt. MC Hammer wore parachute pants too. I need to get me a pair of those:D
I only pop my collar while Im wearing my sunglasses at night... Naa, Jokes aside, I've always been more inclined to keep my cars more "period-correct" looking. For me, it's just more visually appealing and it makes me appreciate it for what it is that much more.

I have a set in Black with the polished lip. I actually have 6 of them because I had a set on a 87 cutlass back in 89 and a wheel and tire shop used too much torque and over tightened a wheel lug and cracked my wheel. The current back space was not in stock and they had to order a pair because the rears were 1 inch deeper. Do you have center caps for those?

I have a set in Black with the polished lip. I actually have 6 of them because I had a set on a 87 cutlass back in 89 and a wheel and tire shop used too much torque and over tightened a wheel lug and cracked my wheel. The current back space was not in stock and they had to order a pair because the rears were 1 inch deeper. Do you have center caps for those?
Yep, the center caps came with them. Do you by chance have any pics of your rims when they were on your cutlass?

Back