Pics, story and 20mb movie-my TTA!

The Swede

-89 TTA 7 sec car
Swede
Nice production...the video is very well done... It sort of has the "Vanishing Point" feel to it. White "muscle" and all!!! Thanks for sharing it. I love your exhaust note...what type of exhaust system do you have installed on the car? I noticed that you were running what appeared as the stocker muffler, exhaust tips. I take it that since you live in Sweden...you could get away without the catalytic converter?

How is the feedback coming from people in Sweden over your video?

The muffler has been replaced with an unknown aftermarket one, don´t know the name.
Approx. in the middle of the movie when you hear the turbo singing i have removed the cut out plate.

Sweden has the same emission law as California so i must use the cat.........at least at the inspection!;)
Cars up to -87 don´t need the cat.

Gokou: If you wan´t the movie i have msn and icq, guess your mailbox won´t take 20mb?

My mailbox won't take 20 megs, sorry.

Maybe someone can mirror it?

PM me your ICQ user name and I'll see if I still have ICQ on my laptop... if so I'll ICQ you and you can send it direct. :)

Uffe, very nice car, it looks like you guys had WAY too much fun filming that video :)

The hood looks "different" its a nice change...is the Cowl Functional?

Also...What was with the knock? Was that on the shifts...That yellow led that was lit has me showing some concern..

Nice car!

Gokou:
That was only for you!;)

Herb:
Thanks! Sadly the wind was rather strong and had some effects to the sound.....
The hood is Gen4th style with the ram air hood and it´s not in function....only blowing some fresh air on the engine.
I´m not so sure how the orange came up there can´t remember what i was doing in that moment.
So....that means that the first orange shall not come up during acceleration? The movie was with Thrasher 92 and normal unleaded gas.
Back in sunday i went to the strip with Thrasher 108 and CSP, went 122mph with the stock injectors........:eek: time to step up on them now i guess.....
With CSP the orange didn´t come up, only the green ones.
Where is the limit on the knock guage?

Swede
Yeah I could tell it was a windy day. Did the webpage people bring their own camera man and sound editor? Did you guys have to reherse different angles and such? In my opinion the video really pays tribute to the Trans Am look/feel. When viewing it....well it made me want to hop into my TTA and raise hell ! ;)

I try to avoid getting any lights on the knock gauge. The green ones are around 1-4 Degree's of retard, and the yellow ones are in the 5-9 range...If anything that gauge should only peak into the green every now and then. If it constantly stays lit then you need to turn down the boost.

Head gaskets are no fun.

Thanks guys!

There was only 1 man and the video cam, he did cut the movie later....sadly we ran out of time, so it could have been done better i guess.

Next one up for a movie and story is my friend that lives a few houses from me, we are picking up his TA 2002 collectors edition tomorrow.

Swede,
Awesome video man!!! Your gonna need new tires soon dude, hehe. How does that hood handle at high speeds?? Hows the fit?? I am thinking about getting one cause that looks too sweet.
~Murt

Thanks Murt!

High speed handling isn´t no problem!

The to the fitting...... mine wasen´t so good in the left front corner but the other hoods i´ve seen was ok.
Got the explenation from a friend here that the hood probably was taking to soon out from the mould.
Maybe after some adjustments in the winter it will be better.
I got the rear fiberglass wing from the same guy and it had a very good fitting. (original cracked)

Originally posted by 70Firebird/TTA
Swede
Be sure to post your friend's 2002 LS-1 video. It it compares to your video it will be cool.

Yep, you got a deal on that!:D