You can type here any text you want

pictures of convertable tta

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cruesix

topless tta
TTA convertable on the road

:biggrin: just wanted to thank everyone that helped me with info during my 6 month project..$6000 later and its alive..i ended up rebuilding both the motor and the trans and had to replace every sensor and the ecm..but thanks to you guys and the help of a few of my friends..i drove it home from my buddies shop last night :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: ill be taking it to the strip in the next week or so and will give you guys the lowdown when i get back..i did line up with my buddies 67 impala that has ran 13.5 and we were pretty even so that about what im expecting from it..i have some pics but they are to big for this site..ill figure out how to shrink them and post them soon for you..the install looks great..looks like the car came that way..thanks again guys i really do appriciate all the help youve given :smile:
Dan

i figured out how to shrink them..check them out..i have the correct heater hoses but the heater core took a crap right after i got it running :mad: ..so i rigged it :wink: nothing was stopping me from driving it :cool: i picked up the heater core today..thatll make for an entertaining evening :frown:
Dan

Attachments

• DCP_0680.JPG
    DCP_0680.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 128
  • DCP_0677.JPG
    DCP_0677.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 109
  • DCP_0679.JPG
    DCP_0679.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 120
  • DCP_0681.JPG
    DCP_0681.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 110
  • DCP_0682.JPG
    DCP_0682.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 106
Hmmmm.....Its RED! And PRETTY!

Since you're doing a heater core soon, This link may be of some use to you :)

Glad you figured out the pics thing. I merged your threads :D

lee

I've been waiting to do this exact conversion. I'm looking for a White vert to use.

I have the gauge cluster and ECM. I would remove the AC (it's a vert!), so I imagine that would open up the possiblility of using a GN engine/heads/etc. So those parts would be MUCH easier to find.

What parts would I need to complete? Wiring, Cross-member, etc. :confused:

I'd REALLY appreciate a list (I'm sure a few of us would) of parts needed to complete this. If you can provide a list, maybe a sticky is in order?? :cool:

Thanks in advance!!!

Michael

chicagoTTA said:
I've been waiting to do this exact conversion. I'm looking for a White vert to use.

I have the gauge cluster and ECM. I would remove the AC (it's a vert!), so I imagine that would open up the possiblility of using a GN engine/heads/etc. So those parts would be MUCH easier to find.

What parts would I need to complete? Wiring, Cross-member, etc. :confused:

I'd REALLY appreciate a list (I'm sure a few of us would) of parts needed to complete this. If you can provide a list, maybe a sticky is in order?? :cool:

Thanks in advance!!!

Michael

i used everything from a tta..i bought a complete drivetrain including harness and all accessories,brackets,crossmember,gauges.driveshaft.i even got the 1le brakes and rearend from it..

turned out the guy hosed me on the short block.but Postal here on this site set me up with a good shortblock to rebuild..and i just started rebuilding everything ..but i got most everything i needed right off the bat from the same guy

if i did it again :D id buy a high milage or wrecked tta and make it a doner car :eek: it may cost alittle more but would save alot of headaches

that would make it very simple and you wouldnt have to hunt down all the parts.

Way cool, thanks for sharing the pictures. Always liked the 3rd gen convertibles, looks great and what better engine to put in it than the LC2 :cool:

Do you have any other pictures of the engine in the engine stand? If so I would be interested as I'm planning to take mine out (maybe) this winter ... you can e-mail any high resolution pictures you have to jan_l@rsson.com

Engine pictures

I would also like any pictures you may have of the engine on the stand or any other way for that matter. Thanks :)

a few more pics

i took a couple more pics of the completed exhaust.and i put my old license on it from my 85 TA from the early 90's(thought you guys would get a kick out of it) i cant believe i drove around with that..what a punk :smile: thankfully it was a low 12 sec car..i havent had them on a car in 14 years but they sure bring back memories :biggrin: it had a very tweeked 406 in it
Dan

Attachments

• DCP_0684.JPG
    DCP_0684.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 55
  • DCP_0686.JPG
    DCP_0686.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 59
  • DCP_0689.JPG
    DCP_0689.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 57
  • DCP_0691.JPG