Pioneer 12 Disc CD Changer

tc86gn

I just purchased one and it arrived yesterday.

Just curious to know where others have theirs installed at. exactly.

I am thinking of the trunk but am not sure exactly where to put it in there.

I thought of suspending it in the area of the rear speakers but I don't know if it is wise to put the changer in close proximity to the speakers.

I wanted to avoid drilling any kind of hole in the floor of the trunk at all costs.

All suggestions welcome!

Thanks in advance.

changer mounting

the magnets from your rear speakers will not affect your changer.i dont think that 4x10s will have enough bass to make it skip either.unless you have 6x9 adaptors with a 1000 watt amp on them(while jamin 50 cent)!!!!!!J/K

The setup I had in my GN was two amps, and then a changer on the shelf in the trunk over the rear axle. You lose alot of space that way. If you don't use your trunk for much, then it won't matter and it doesn't look too bad either. Mine was a Clarion unit, and to mount it to the floor all you had to do was pull back the carpet, and stick the mounting plates with the included two sided tape to the floor, and poke the studs through the carpet. Since then. I mounted one in a LeSabre, under the package shelf, up off the floor. It is a much better way of doing it. You don't lose any space unless you are trying to really fill the trunk, and I have had no ill effects from doing it that way. GNs have a smaller area for that, so I don't know if it would fit, but if it does, then I would definately put it there. Just make sure that you clear the trunk springs too.