You can type here any text you want

Pioneer Avic 90 dvd installation/prices? NYC Area

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PNYKLR

Howdy all Ive been scouting around for a dvd/tv set up for my truck I think I like the Pioneer Avic 90 DVD/CD/GPS system
but Ive got three ridiculoius prices
$2900 (didnt mention installation I walked out)
$2400 (wanted to use fiber optics)
$1900 installed

I was told it takes about 3 or 4 hours to put it in, and they are on ebay for about $1000-$1100 so Im not seeing where all this $$$$
comes from anyone have any ideas ? Im in the NYC area

Chris
94 Suburb
87 GN
85 Regal

most places have a ton of markup on the products. and most want to charge out the you know what for install. they figured since you want video that you must be rich.

when i installed the eclipse 7001 in my K2500 it took a couple hours, had to build a custom wiring harness to go from the brain which i mounted under the drivers seat up to the stock wiring in the dash. also had to run the cable between the monitor and the brain. longest part was removing the seats and pulling the wire since i didn't feel like removing the carpet.

you could save money doing the install your self, but only if you feel comfortable. or buy the hardware your self and find a good installer to do the labor for you.

install

Had it done for $1600 including replacing the pin switches on my alarm, new speakers (Pioneer) in dash and doors, the Pioneer in dash CD/Screen and dvd player in console

Chris
94 Suburb
87 GN
85 Regal

Back