You can type here any text you want

PIR drags on friday- anyone else

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

volvoman

The Green BEAST
I will be taking my hybrid down to PIR on Friday. I will not be able to go to the dyno tune so I will hit the track. Its my first time out with this car so I should see 13s I would guess on street tires. I am at 3160 lbs and 1/4 tank of gas. I think I am going to put in a bottle of injector cleaner in my next fill up too for the track.

Chris, no plans to go out there this Friday...I've thrashed on my Skylark out there plenty this year.

Good luck...you might need more than luck to get some traction :)

traction

Is the track that bad? I was just going to roll off the line. I can build 5# of boost right now. Most of my time will be in the top end. I am going to start the boost out at 15# and go from there. It will be fun that is for sure, then I will know where I sit time wise for ttV. They have a spot on the registration for your fastest time. I also have few bugs to work out.

Chris,

PIR is not that bad, its just that they don't prep the track that well for the Street drags. They also don't have any concrete.

Woodburn on the other hand has 660' of concrete. Full-On Pro Stockers will be on the track the Wednesday prior to TTV so I expect the track surface to be excellent...all we need is some descent air and folks should haul ass.

:)

Well I should see some mid 13s . I will post and let you guys know what I did.I am going to be there at 7pm so I should get a lot of runs in. I sure hope the weather does not get that hot though.

Its 80+ degrees and muggy at my house. PIR is near the river so it should cool down enough for you...especially if you stay until their 1:00AM closing time.

sorry about the wait..

I ran a 13.8 @ 102 traction problems when I hit second. I Just picked up a set of dot slicks for my car. I have 26 x 9.5s , they just barley fit. I also had to idle off the line my 60 ft was about 2.43 LOL. That is slower than my Volvo turbo wagon. I hope to break 12s on fri night. I see a roll cage and alky in my future and new reds chip... I am getting all ready for Friday and sat.. Lots of fun. I hope I don't break anything.

sorry about the wait..

I ran a 13.8 @ 102 traction problems when I hit second. I Just picked up a set of dot slicks for my car. I have 26 x 9.5s , they just barley fit. I also had to idle off the line my 60 ft was about 2.43 LOL. That is slower than my Volvo turbo wagon. I hope to break 12s on fri night. I see a roll cage and alky in my future and new reds chip... I am getting all ready for Friday and sat.. Lots of fun. I hope I don't break anything.

track6.JPG

Back