You can type here any text you want

Piston Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HotAirGN

I finally solved my low compression problem, turns out it was a cracked piston. I know I should provide a picture but was hoping someone could identify the correct replacement. It is .030 but looks stock. It shows one notch to show piston direction and has a 3 stamped on the side. Inside the piston is a D. It has oil drain holes from the bottom ring which flow down inside the piston. Are there any photo guides I can use. Nothing on GNTTYPE seems to match. Any help appreciated

:confused: hmmm, are there any numbers cast on the inside of the skirts? It sounds like a cast piston, but there are several manufacturers and some that are not even around anymore... Maybe a Diamond piston? You mentioned a "D"...

Does it have the factory steel reinforcements made into the piston on the inside next to the pin boss?

Anyway.... I have 2 partial sets of .030 over used stock replacement pistons. They have the steel inserts just like the originals.... these are just .030 over...

Here is my old ad:

ForSale Ad

I'll let them go rite :-)

Can anyone help me identify a replacement? I really need to get this thing back together with a quickness

going by the pictures you posted, it is a cast piston. What brand is it, :confused: there seem to be no obvious marking on those pistons that might answer that question. I would just have the piston and wrist pin weighed (in grams) and search around for a stock replacement as close to that weight as possible. The closer the weight, the less the engine balance will be thrown off (unless you're going to rebalance the rotating assembly?). Stock replacements should all be rated at the same compression ratio.

After checking myself it does not have the steel inserts, inside the piston is a circle with dots around it inside the circle there is an H/1740/98. What do those numbers mean?

Back