You can type here any text you want

Piston marks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

montecarlofast

740 ftlb Rocket Couch
So I just tore down an 86 T type motor yesterday to do head gaskets and freshen it up. and on the front two pistons on the drivers side, their is a indent on the top of the piston like someone took a 1/8th inch drill bit and drilled a pilot hole. it is only abouit an 1/8th inch deep and is not through the piston. am i seeing cooked pistons or some sort of balancing? thanks

Does the other piston have alot of carbon built up on it. It might be hiding the dimple in that piston too. My guess would be that those indentations are pointed toward the front of the engine. If they, are they are used to ensure the piston is pressed on the rod correctly and installed with the dot facing forward.

My speed pro forged have arrows that need to point forward to the front of the block. I thought my stock pistons had the dimple your describing.

I could be wrong though.

So I just tore down an 86 T type motor yesterday to do head gaskets and freshen it up. and on the front two pistons on the drivers side, their is a indent on the top of the piston like someone took a 1/8th inch drill bit and drilled a pilot hole. it is only abouit an 1/8th inch deep and is not through the piston. am i seeing cooked pistons or some sort of balancing? thanks

That's normal. :) You don't have a problem.

Back