You can type here any text you want

Piston Question - Identify

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

Got the engine out today and took the oilpan off to see how bad the inside looks (remember I had some knock issues ...) anyway, the previous owner told me there where forged pistons in there and per the picture attached you can see these are not stock, they are engraved with "41157" as you can see. Anyone know what brand etc these are?

Attachments

• Piston.jpg
    Piston.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 130
Anyone been able to identify the pistons I have, would be good to know what I have in there.

Anyone know if these are JE Pistons? I will take one out later and post some more pictures if that would help identify what I have.

Piston ID

Jan,
That is probably a job number the engine builder used JE laser etches the
job number there. If the pistons are over 2-3 years old that could be the job
number before JE started this practice. Also if it were a JE it would be in the
forging under the wrist pin. From the picture it doesn't look like a current JE
forging hope this helps.

DAN
DLS ENGINE DEVELOPMENT

Dan, I suspect these are from around 1995 when a prior owner had the engine rebuilt for the first time. He bought a lot of stuff from ATR that I do have receipts for but no receipt for any pistons.

Just took one out and the following is casted under the wrist pin ROSS375, also there's oil holes drilled all around the groove for the rings just like the JE pistons.

Back