Piston Ring

87TIGN

Death by boost
CRAP!! It figures I was putting my pistons in and I snapped the second groove ring when putting THE LAST one in!! Stretched it a little too far. So my delema is I need another single piston ring set or another kit depending on which I can get faster. Summit is about a week or longer out and so is JEGS, all the auto parts stores are in the similar situation. I am gonna try to call some machine shops tommarow and see if my luck will change and maybe one of them will have a kit in stock. Any other ideas as to where I could get one fast? Any other dealers? It is a Federal Mogul TRW Speed Pro kit part # E434K40. Thanks in advance!
-Andrew

E434K40 is the number on the side of the box and the only one there. I would have thought the same thing that there should have been a 0 in front of the 40 also but there isnt but you guys are correct nonetheless it is a 40 over bore and I have a single piston kit coming wednesday. It was next to impossible to find and recieve quickly. In case you are wondering the store had to order direct from the factory no suprise and the single piston kit is 31 dollars.
-Andrew

Thanks so much for the offer but I should have the new ones in the mail tommarow!

I staggered mine all 1/3 from each other. The bottom ring or the Oil ring if you will should have a join point and at that point is where you want the two retaining rings for the stainless or chrome moly oil ring to meet. In other words there are three rings in an oil ring. 2 retainer rings and a (most of the time) stainless or chrome moly "wavy" ring. you put the "wavy" ring in first and that you slip the two retaining rings in place to hold it there. The two retainer rings obviously have a breaking point and you want those points to meet up above and below where the "wavy" rings breaking points are. I hope that sense. If not lemme know and I will take a picture tommarow and post it.
-Andrew