PL data for the new motor

BARRACUDA1968

Decided to make a few logs this weekend. This is the only one that turned out. For some reason on 2 other runs the PL wouldn't save the data? Said something like this file name already existed?

If someone could tell me the proper way to record and save I would greatly appreciate it. I see a quicksave option and would like to be able to just save a run automatically instead of pulling over etc. If that's possible.

Anyway this in the minimum boost I can run and the first time I've flogged the car since I put the motor in. It feels real strong and pulls hard. 1st and second gear are all but useless at WOT with the Nitto 555r's I let in to it from 10 mph and I was through 2nd gear blowing the tires off in about 3 seconds once boost hit. Not really my cup of tea but it was fun to try once. I have to actuator rod all but all the way out. Just enough pressure to keep the puck shut. Boost comes on real nice. I hope to get to the track this fall for a few 1/8 runs at 18/19 boost and a set of slicks. Not sure what to expect since the goal is 24/25 boost eventually. I've told that's where this motor's going to shine. It's fast at 18/19 boost so I'm looking forward to tuning my way upstairs.

Here's the log if anyone wants to take a peak. I had a little knock a couple times in the run? Not sure why, maybe someone can school me here a little.

Stock chip settings/ alky on 6.

Attachments

• QuickSave.001.dat
    27.3 KB · Views: 68
set up your own base filename in the quicksave options and that should fix the saving issue.

what version of PLC are you running?

Bob

I believe I have the latest version? Bought the PL last year and downloaded the latest software this year to a new laptop with no CD drive. Using windows 8

I believe I have the latest version? Bought the PL last year and downloaded the latest software this year to a new laptop with no CD drive. Using windows 8

Actually, if you read Bob's question more closely, you'll see he didn't ask if you thought you were on the latest version, but rather, he asked specifically what version PLC you're running. Just sayin'

Go to the help tab on the left when powerlogger is open, then on the lower right click the "about PLC" button. It will tell you the version.

It's 2.5.2

Going to do some logging today. I went for a drive yesterday and at light tip in I have knock all of the sudden in 3rd gear. Checked tranny fluid when I got back and it's clean but smells like burnt clutches. Wondering if 3rd gear is slipping enough to set of the knock sensor? AFR is good and it happens before building boost.

I mean why not??? The tranny's the only thing I haven't broke yet.:cool:

Going to look for anything that might be rattling as well. I dropped the oil pan Friday night and replaced my Alky pump along with a new serpentine belt. Don't know what any of this could contribute to the KR but you never know.

Which wideband do you have? I don't have the correct afr number at your knock. You're idc is fine you can up the fueling and more boost. Not saying you should go by O2 volts, but they are a tad bit low. I'd say bump the fueling a bit. Usually with reading your logs, whenever you have a certain frame in question, look at the frames before. You went to 11.05 afr, which would cause the knock. What chip are you running? You still have your stock wastegate solenoid hooked in? Is the chip set for your turbo or have you added parts after you got the chip?

I have an AEM wideband.

I am running the 5.7 chip and it was set up for my combo. I'm not using the stock WG Sel but it is plugged in.

Just got a break from the rain so I'm going out to make a log.

I checked for anything loose that could trip the knock sensor. Didn't come up with anything. I did change my fuel filter so we'll see what I find out. I also changed my NB 02 sensor today too.

Logged a few short runs and KR at tip in. I'll post what I have tomorrow.

Added 5% fuel at first and no good then added almost 20% fuel and it got better.

PL is acting up and disconnecting during runs so I'm pretty bummed about that. I had a nice long run late today but only recorded the first few seconds. Watched the SM and no knock at the big end.

I can't understand why the car needs this much fuel? Didn't have KR like this before at tip in.

What I did notice is that your ecm start advancing the timing the timing. Only thing I can see that would cause your knock, then when the knock goes away, it retards it and its fine. Check your timing on spoolup in the chip and fix that as well as revert your fuel to what it was with the chip straight from Eric.

The chip was at stock settings and I left the timing delay on. I added 5% fuel in these logs and then later thought I set it at 18% fuel but it didn't take for some reason and my PL keeps loosing contact with the computer so my runs get cut short. Run 008 which I set the cell 1 to 150 that didn't take was a good run all the way through 3rd but got cut off. No KR on the SM on the big end. The rest of the runs I let out as soon as I saw knock on the SM.

It started to get dark so I quit for the night.

Attachments

• quick runs.005.dat
    82.9 KB · Views: 50
  • quick runs.006.dat
    65.3 KB · Views: 51
  • quick runs.007.dat
    69.9 KB · Views: 66
  • quick runs.008.dat
    62.6 KB · Views: 50