You can type here any text you want

PL Files... please help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HUENEMEGN

Im new to this PL program an tuning. So I did some runs in m GN. If someone wouldn't mind taking a look at them and see what they think. I think something is wrong? Before I left the house for a cruise/tune, I happen to check my fuel pressure and I believe it was at about 47/line off. So I turned it down to about 43 (old Kenne Bell FP gauge. Hard to get it on the number as it goes by 20 ,40. 60 increments. ) ... So I take off to a empty street. I stat to record. I did see some knock but not too much so I kept on boosting to about 20 psi. then I let off. I park to change the FP as it was not knocking before . I reset it as it was previous (47) I did another run and it looks like the knock went away. I was running 25 # boost.
I did see some codes go on and off so im not sure whats that about. I think I might have a mess?
Then my PL went all crazy. The gauges on the PL were going erratically an
d not reading what they were. Is something wrong with the program? I checked all the connections and they seem okay. I will upload a video I took of my gauges.

Attachments

Then my PL went all crazy. The gauges on the PL were going erratically an
d not reading what they were. Is something wrong with the program?

PL plug on ecm tite and in place?
All electrical connections good?
Batt volts are?
Other dash gauges working?

make sure there is no pressure on the PL unit. if the ecm is reinstalled in the kick panel, you need to really be sure the PL is not being pushed by the trim plastic.

Bob

What Bob said ^^^
I had to do additional trim work on the ecm carrier, and use a 90* USB cable, in order to remove the stress on the plug.
I got the cable off of the bag...Bout $15, AIRC.

side note: the current model of PL has the USB turned sideways, the USB cable comes out parallel to the analog cable. You leave the cable plugged in all the time and tuck it out of the way when not in use.

Bob

PL plug on ecm tite and in place?
All electrical connections good?
Batt volts are?
Other dash gauges working?

I will double check everything when I get home.
Batt volts are good @14.7 or so .
The gauges are working just fine . The Car is running and boosting okay .

Just the PL and SM are going bananas .
I'm posting a video of it now .

side note: the current model of PL has the USB turned sideways, the USB cable comes out parallel to the analog cable. You leave the cable plugged in all the time and tuck it out of the way when not in use.

Bob
make sure there is no pressure on the PL unit. if the ecm is reinstalled in the kick panel, you need to really be sure the PL is not being pushed by the trim plastic.

Bob

Yes , I will look to make sure no pressure is on the PL unit.
I do have the PL version that has the usb turned sideways .
Everyone was working great but right after a pull, I looked down at my laptop and the PL is going crazy .

I was trying to upload a video I captured from my cell phone but it's not working . Its only 18 sec but it's maybe too long to download .
I have it if anyone wants to look at it?

Thank you for your replies .. I will be checking a few connections .

Back