You can type here any text you want

Please help decide which ECM

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

psikillz

I have a mustang that I'm in the process of switching from a supercharger to a turbo. This board seems to be the repository for all the tuning guru's, so I figured I would post here.

I'm currently torn between a gen VII dfi and a FAST setup. (Bank to Bank w/ wideband). I'm fairly technical, especially with computers and electrical equipement. However I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to tuning EFI systems.

I keep hearing the DFI 7 is easier for people that don't have much experience, is this true? I have also heard of several people having problems with the new accel's that is what makes me somewhat leary about purchasing one.

Due to my lack of experience, am I pretty much doomed to have a car that will never run right, regardless of which system I choose?

What would you guys recommend for someone in my shoes?

Thanks,

Clayton

Im on the Fast side;)
A good look on the demos will help you make up your mind
I dont say dfi is not good ,i just preffer the Fast cause its more user friendly
Just my 0,02

I'd highly recommend the DFI Gen 7. The knowledge base on that system is growing very quickly as people discover it's capabilities and ease of use.

Originally there were problems with the Wideband O2 sensor, it couldn't be used with boosted applications. That was fixed a while ago.

Whichever way you go, be sure that the dealer you purchase from is able to give you proper support on installation and tuning. You should never have to settle for a car that doesn't run right after spending big $$ on an aftermarket control system!

I would recommend

Either system will get the job done. How much easy it all comes together is the key. Be sure you purchase the system from a solid tuner/resaler that is willing to support your project. I would recommend finding someone as close as possible aslong as they know the system they sell like the back of their hand. For FAST, I have worked with Precision Turbo and for the DFI, I know Spetter has it down. Both companies have a good reputation for getting their customers setup right.

I guess I wouldn't consider anything but a FAST system. Look at it this way, what do you see the majority of post talking about here?

Tech here seems to be overwhelmingly better for the FAST system. The Gen VII seems to be pretty cool, but I don't know a lot about it.

Ted

This is very simple!

The FAST system is the one to get! Why you ask? Because it is a tried and proven system and the Gen 7.0 ACCEL/DFI is NOT!!! If you check out PTE's website www.precisionte.com they have several fast turbo mustangs and they had one that ran mid 6's @210+mph and they have one street driven 5.0 turbo mustang that runs mid 9's on pump gas with a PT88 turbo and both are using the FAST/SpeedPro system.... Also, as Ted mentioned the FAST has the best tech support cause Craig Smith and Lance from FAST post on this forum and are always happy to help somebody with tuning the FAST and the system seems to be very user friendly from what most have said. Just my .02:)

Thanks for the information guys!!!

I'll probably have some questions once I get going! :)

Clayton

Back