You can type here any text you want

Please help me troubleshoot!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TheYak

Hey everyone! I am in need of help with my stereo system, the speakers do not work after adding to it this weekend.

Before: Alpine CD player w/ stock speakers. worked just fine.

After: Same CD player. Replaced the door speakers with Alpine 4 1/4's
Added a 250 watt amp and 12" speaker in box. The amp only runs
this speaker.

Problem: Now the sub works just fine, but no sound from any other speakers :frown: The head unit has power and seems to function properly otherwise. Is it possible that the head unit crapped out somehow??

I've checked all connections and found no problems. Really all that was done was unplugging the harness to gain access to the RCA jacks, plugged everything back in and now i have this problem!

any inputs before i try buying a new head unit?? thanks in advance!

either the ohm load is too low,or you have a speaker/wire grounding out in the doors....

Thanks!

Thanks! i checked the driver door speaker and it was grounded like you said. Everything works now and sounds great, thanks a lot!

Hey, since i've got your ear... need some advice on my setup. Right now the 4x10's are taken out, blank spaces.

Should i replace them with 6x9's or put in new 4x10's?? Right now with the front speakers and the sub, it seems like there needs to be more midrange in the car.

Thanks again, your advice is appreciated!

Hey, since i've got your ear... need some advice on my setup. Right now the 4x10's are taken out, blank spaces.

Should i replace them with 6x9's or put in new 4x10's?? Right now with the front speakers and the sub, it seems like there needs to be more midrange in the car.

Thanks again, your advice is appreciated!

Definitely go with the 6x9's, you'll find they are not much more then the 4x10's and they'll have a much wider variety too. Just stay away from 4ways.

Cool, i'll go with the 6x9's then. I see that crutchfield has the adapters so i'll probably shop there.

Any recommendations for replacing the front 3.5" speakers? I just need to find a brand that is sure to fit. ALso, should i use bass blockers on them?

Thanks again!

Back