Please help with custom BBS wheel fitment<<<<<<<<<

JCPerformance

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone here as done this that may be of greatly appreciated help:

I'm trying to fit these to my GN: Front: 18x8.5 ET13 Rear: 18x10 ET28

Is was going to try and use these unless someone less has a better suggestion: http://www.trakplus.com/

Can I get these to fit????

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

I did a lot of research recently on wheels; mainly trying to find GNX-type wheels in 17". I checked out BBS options pretty thoroughly since I knew they made the mesh-type wheels for BMW's. What I came to find on BBS wheel fitment was that they seemed to RARELY make a 5-lug pattern in the actual 4.75" pattern that G-Bodies have. Their closest pattern was 120mm; it is VERY close to our pattern (4.75" = 120.65mm), but it is not the same.

http://www.groupawheels.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=1d1f14ea-cf6d-42bd-bbbc-ea4f1d095c1c

I run these above but the black mid section version, they come with 1 1/2" adaptors in front an 2" in the rear,Before you buy Anything, Measure your front clips alignment! (measure the fender lip to the wheels on it now or to the frame,make sure both side are the same or you'll have issues)
Most all Regals clips are not plum,an if not one your wheel will stick out the passenger side Alot more then drivers an possible contact your inner fender...

Enjoy!

I did a lot of research recently on wheels; mainly trying to find GNX-type wheels in 17". I checked out BBS options pretty thoroughly since I knew they made the mesh-type wheels for BMW's. What I came to find on BBS wheel fitment was that they seemed to RARELY make a 5-lug pattern in the actual 4.75" pattern that G-Bodies have. Their closest pattern was 120mm; it is VERY close to our pattern (4.75" = 120.65mm), but it is not the same.

I know and understand this, but you see so many GM vehicles with BMW/BBS rims... Is it really a big no-no??
p33999_image_large.jpg

I wouldn't say it's a HUGE thing. You're right, plenty of people DO run them. I think it's like spacers; every tire shop will tell you "DON'T DO THAT - it's DANGEROUS!", but if you do it right & use the right length studs, it's no problem. I just wanted you to be aware of what I found (and that's not necessarily gospel, either). BBS told me me that they made the mesh wheel styles in BOTH 120mm and 4.75" patterns!!

If you do it right, it shouldn't be a problem. Like I said, I just wanted to let you know what I found out about them so you'd know what you're up against!!:)

What does ET28 translate to? Here is my experience. I recently purchased CCW 18 by 9 and 18 by 10 all with 4.75" backspace. Fronts are working great however I am getting rubbing in the passenger rear after the fenders were rolled on a 285/40 tire. 5" backspace will probably work however I am going 5.25" as I run the aluminum drums which add some offset. Hopefully you can translate and it helps with your decision.

your et 28 is in the 5.5 to 6" back space. google yourself a calculator to confirm...there is a few of them.
some have been able to slide the 5x120 wheels on with no problem. a local here with an Iroc said he had no problems with the 2 bolt patterns.
i think it depends on wheel too.