Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i had water in my oil fom head gasket or other failure

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • what the heck is a cam?

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

REDS HOT AIR

Buick Tweaker
im not getting into this one but i've wondered why it hasent been done yet .

it more of an oil test than anything else..i myself have had bad experiences with mobile 1 syn. oil but im not going to get into it and i have not wiped any cams out in a buick motor big blocks or v6's

Knock on wood but never a cam failure with dino oil. I also believe in running the spring pressure suggested for the cam. If it calls for 100 lbs. on the seat I run it. Most of your cams don't require more but if it is broken in properly I never had a problem.

I run syn In mine, had about 195000 before wiping out a lobe, new motor trying something different, had the cam (212-212) moly coated, hope to help in break in, and then run syn. Jr. ;)

Fresh motor, Castrol 10w30.

The cam went in the first 50 miles and took out entire motor and turbo (AGGGHHH!!!). I don't attribute the cam failure to the oil though. My machinist (at that time) and I came to differences on who was at fault. I think he was for reusing my old cam with new lifters (I trusted his decision). Afterwards he said that he had some doubt whether the cam would live. I think he should of replaced the cam if there was ANY doubt in his mind. End result? I was out close to $3500, had to get my turbo rebuilt, and I now have a disasembled motor in the corner of the shop. Well, at least it keeps my 2nd tranny company!

Regardless, I don't give him any more of my business and I'm now running a turbo saver from PTE.

-Banning.