You can type here any text you want

Polyurethane Motor Mounts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

b4black

I finally got around to installing the HRpartsNstuff polyurethane motor mount. I went with just the driver's side, since this is a "low power" application ;). Before the mount, the engine looked like it wanted to climb out of the compartment. Go open your hood and push the gas while standing on the brake. All that engine movement causes the downpipe to bang into everything which sets off a lot of false knock.

I also added a brace to the bottom of the downpipe to keep it from resting on the header. This and the poly mount cured almost all of my knock problem. The poly mount isn't cheap, ~$85 and it does cause some vibration. Paul Ferry says there a softer version coming out- I would wait for that. If there the possibilty of a 4.1 in your furture, get the second design that's machine for the 4.1/stage block.

You can try a torque strap for much less, but this is a quality peice worth the money, IMO. :)

CHECK THIS VIDEO OUT!

http://www.caro.net/sully/temp/hrparts.wmv

Looks pretty cool if you view it full screen!

Steve S. down in NC is graciously doing some testing for us with a new pair of Poly Motor Mounts. The link is to a video that has 4 parts:

1) Stk mounts idling
2) Stk mounts light brake torque
3) Poly mounts idling
4) Poly mounts light brake torque

The motor with the stock mounts looks like it is going to jump right out of there! And he didn't even plan on getting a set right now, but he is REALLY glad he has them now! I can't imagine what the alternator or accessory bracket would look like if it had a strap on it. Way too much stress to be putting up there. Thought you all would get a kick out of seeing this.

"Better Design = Better Performance"
E-mail: HRpartsNstuff@aol.com
Phone: (330)678-0899
FAX: (330)678-8244

Originally posted by b4black
I finally got around to installing the HRpartsNstuff polyurethane motor mount. I went with just the driver's side, since this is a "low power" application ;). Before the mount, the engine looked like it wanted to climb out of the compartment. Go open your hood and push the gas while standing on the brake. All that engine movement causes the downpipe to bang into everything which sets off a lot of false knock.

The poly mount isn't cheap, ~$85 and it does cause some vibration.
You can try a torque strap for much less, but this is a quality peice worth the money, IMO. :)

I agree Rich, I got both sides ($159) and the motor hardly moves now. It would scare the crap out of me seeing the engine lift so high.
Yes I have a good vibrabtion at a stop..but it feels sooooo good.
Hey..that's not want I met.....
Jim

When will the "softer" (less vibes) version be out for the non-Stage motored TR?

Or has it been out for some time already?

:confused:

Answer To Above Question

From website:

NEW UPDATE 07/06/02!

Softer Bushings Available in our Poly Motor Mounts!

Along with the improvements in Jan. listed below, we have made another improvement to the Poly Motor Mounts. We now have a softer version of polyurethane bushings available. These will reduce the vibrations felt inside the car, making it just a bit nicer to drive.

HTH :)

Back