You can type here any text you want

Pontiac Action Track Magazine Spring 1989

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Indyta1989

Looking for input or interested buyer, what do you think this item would be worth? I received this in 1989 from pontiac, I have a bunch of these Action Track magazines from across many years. They were sent to Pontiac customers who had purchased new Pontiacs.

Pontiac Action Track - Spring 1989, Issue 9. 24 pages, At least 9 of those pages have the 1989 Turbo Trans Am info or photos.

Gary Mruz
Forsyth, Illinois
email: indyta@insightbb.com

Attachments

• resize of pdrm3413.jpg
    resize of pdrm3413.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 180
Jan,

I have looked at ebay to see if any of these magazines have shown up but I have not seen any sell there. If you have a reference of one showing up on ebay let me know. I have many issues of this ACTION TRACK across different quarters & years, but I am not sure the other issues are worth anything since they cover general pontiacs. I found this one interesting since it is so focused on the 1989 Turbo Trans Am.

I will keep looking to see what the value is. I may just post it on ebay to sell to see what it will bring. However, selling it direct is always less hassle but it has me stumped on the value. Thanks for the reply.

Gary

I picked up a few of the Action Track magazines with 3rd Gen Firebirds in them over the years and I paid avarage about $10 for them. The one with the TTA in I've seen a couple times on e-bay and they all ended around $50 - $100 USD and I only spotted 2 or so over the years so they are rare.

Jan,

thank you for the insight. I thought the value would be in that range, I already have one offer of $50 which I will likely take.

Here is a rundown of the TTA items I am selling, and it looks like I have one person lined up who wants to purchase as a set at the following prices but I have not yet confirmed to him.

1989 Indy 500 license plate (festival plate), $200
1989 Indy 500 phone directory, given to personnel and teams at the track, $50
1989 Pontac Action Track highlighting the 1989 TTA, $50
1989 Turbo Trans Am press kit, $200
1989 Pontiac dealer product book, complete, with TTA insert page, $100

Gary

Wow, if you can get those prices I would close the deal ASAP before he changes his mind ;) Looks like I might be sitting on a small fortune as well :D

Originally posted by Indyta1989
Jan,

and it looks like I have one person lined up who wants to purchase as a set at the following prices but I have not yet confirmed to him.

Gary

And that person would be: PhillyTurboSiX!!! :)

If not I'll eat my hat:eek:

Jan,

I do have a firm offer at those prices, all I would have to do is confirm and send him my paypal information. I have seen the indy 500 festival car license plates go that high, and also the press kits. The other items are a bit grey on value as I have not seen others for sale.

TClassic, it is not PhillyTurboSix. I do not think the person who has made me the offer visits this forum, but he does have at least 2 1989 turbo Trans Am's, and a large mix of other cars he is collecting.

Gary

Originally posted by TClassic
And that person would be: PhillyTurboSiX!!! :)

If not I'll eat my hat:eek:

Better eat that hat I'm not that crazy. Those prices are way high IMO.

Gary if someone is offering you those numbers for those items you better jump in bed with him and get it because those are double and tripple what I've seen that stuff go for. ESP. without any pictures of this stuff! :eek: :eek: :eek: I'll wait and get it much cheaper on eboob. :cool:

I do have pictures of all items, no one has asked me to send them except for the offer I had on the complete set. If anyone wants to see the other photos send me your email address and I will email to you.

I am proceeding to confirm the prior offer. I will post here as sold or not, I have no reason to believe the sale will not go through as I have sold a number of 1980 pace car memorabilia items to the same individual a number of months ago.

Could be the old saying, the value is what someone is willing to pay?

Gary

Gary send me pics of the Action magazine,,,,,maybe Philly will buy it for me:cool:

Guys,

As of 8:53pm this evening these items are SOLD. Payment received.

Jan - thank you for the information.

Phillyturbosix - you may be charging to low? Or, you are finding bargains!

If I dig up any other 1989 Turbo Trans Am items I will be sure to enter a new post. These are likely all of the items I had buried away besides a few items I will keep.

I will scan the Action Track magazine if anyone would like to have a copy of those pages. I may post those scanned pages on my web site that tracks the ebay auction history: http://indyta.home.insightbb.com/

Gary

Back