You can type here any text you want

Poor guy ! Didn't have a chance !

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86gngirl

GN's. A girls best friend
Well heres my story. I was taking my car to Jay's GN to have some gadges put in last night. To get there, you have to travel the PA Turn Pike. Takes about an hour to get were I need to go. It was about 7:45 when I see a Mazda fly up behind me. I knew the poor guy didn't have a chance, but who was I to argue? :biggrin: Is all he see's is a girl at the wheel of what he probably thinks is a Monte :confused: and himself driving his Mazda. I of course had to show him that this little girl can drive this Black Beast and toast his @ss. So I jumped in the turbo and was about half peddle, of course pulling away from him nicely, and he followed.I, of course, had to show him he wasn't going to have a chance and punched the peddle to the floor until he was a spot in the rear veiw mirror. I slowed down to see how long it took for him to catch up, about 5 min. He then again egged me on! :rolleyes: I guess he didn't learn or I hurt his feelings or something. So I gave it to him again. This time we were side by side and I gave him till about 3 cars in front of me and hit the gas again.Well you know what happened, left him in the dust again! I have to give him cuddos, because he then came back a 3rd time. By this time the game was getting old for me. I flew out in front of him, floored it, embarassed :o for the third time, and then he gave up! :D He pretty much stayed behind me and never tried to pass. Lets say my 1 hour trip was alittle shorter this time than usual. O yeh, my husband was following me, because we were dropping the GN off. He was laughing and shaking his head when he finnally caught up to me.

To make things better, My hubby surprised me with an early mothers day gift. He told Jay to put on all the under the hood dress up parts on for me! :biggrin: I'm such a lucky lady. Couldn't have had a better date with my husband than that! :biggrin:

Of course not, you're a GNGirl!

Dude should have know better...YOU GO GIRL!

Did you happen to notice which model mazda it was? Miata perhaps?

A guy in my office has a 1st gen miata (with like no miles) and can't believe our old Buick will out run it. I'm just waiting...being patient.

Is all I know it had 4 doors and it was Maroon with a " brother " behind the wheel . I don't mean to affend anyone, so sorry if I did.

Greensburg, New Stanton exit. Great guy. I recomend him to any one. He really knows is stuff. He has a web site www.jaysgn.com He knows the guy that has XRay. If you never herd of it, there is only 1. A white T Type with all gnx parts on it. Car is awesome looking. Jay is an old buick machanic and knows these cars better than any one. Has everything or can get everything for them to.

Glad to help. Are you going to the Wexford car cruise May 5 ? Would be nice to get some GN's there. At least 800 cars show up. If there lucky only 4 or 5 GN's or t's show up.

dragonational said:
Nice kill. I second the part about Jay. I dont buy parts anywhere else. Harry
Jay is so good he has a guy bringing a GN from Canada for him to work on. He showed me 2 motors last night that he is building for others. He gets orders from Hawaii even ! The guy is inpressive and will not bull**** you! Not sure if you know or not his dad just pasted about a week ago. Hit him pretty hard. Seems to be in good spirits though. Its nice to see a good guy like Jay get some credit! He was also metioned in the GS news let. It was an exhaust he did for a GN I think.

Yeah i Heard the news. My wife told me. I used to live in Connellsville so i wasnt that far from his shop. Like i said he is the ONLY guy i go to for parts. He is an excelent guy. So did you get the car back yet?

dragonational said:
Yeah i Heard the news. My wife told me. I used to live in Connellsville so i wasnt that far from his shop. Like i said he is the ONLY guy i go to for parts. He is an excelent guy. So did you get the car back yet?
No, she'll be spending the a few nights at Jay's. The car is show room stock with 11,000 miles on it.I'm getting some tasteful upgrades put on but still staying as close to stock as possible. Getting some gadges, fan override switch, antitheift stuff, and dress up parts for under the hood. As Jay puts it,the stuff the dealer should have offered to improve those cars. I refuse to rush him because I just want it do right. I may get it back Friday but not sure.

I should say it was show room stock. The exhaust and down pipe were done by Jay also with the hot wire kit and and new fuel sock and pump.Just minnor upgrades. Looking for a project GN or T to race with. Jay doesn't know it yet but I want him to do the motor in the dream project! :biggrin:

That sounds good. Good ol Jay will do a bang up job thats for sure i love his work. It will look great i am sure. I need to get ahold of him for a chip for my new motor.

this is part of the email of the motor. Its writen to me but it explains the motor well. I think i will like it. 11's?

The block was bored .030 and line bored. The rotating assembly was balanced to 2 grams. The heads were freshened at this time also and a 3 angle valve job was done. The heads were o-ringed with matching gaskets. The rebuild kit was purchased from Poston Enterprises and is part #PE394463. The kit included forged pistons, street-strip moly rings, hi-rev lifters, high performance valve springs, high performance cam button with spring, high performance cam bearings, Sealed power/felpro complete engine gasket set, high performance double roller timing chain, and a higher volume oil pump. Poston's GN110T camshaft also came with the kit and the cam card is included. The engine comes with port matched and flow tested 42.5#/hr injectors, and a few other goodies that I'm forgetting.

dragonational said:
The rebuild kit was purchased from Poston Enterprises and...
Postons seems to have quite the selection, I have purchased a few things from them myself. I have heard good things about thier motor kits, but some don't like their pistons. They have their own motor shop now. They seem to know a lot about these motors.

GNGirl, when will we get to see pictures uo the upgrades?! Sounds like you haven't had your GN that long. The last time I saw a GN with that few miles I had to pick up my chin off the ground. An older 'gent who only drove it to shows.
Did you buy that 86 that was for sale (I think) in upstate NY? There was a huge discussion about the value of it on gnttype. Just nosy...sorry if I'm intruding.

zeus87gn said:
GNGirl, when will we get to see pictures uo the upgrades?! Sounds like you haven't had your GN that long. The last time I saw a GN with that few miles I had to pick up my chin off the ground. An older 'gent who only drove it to shows.
Did you buy that 86 that was for sale (I think) in upstate NY? There was a huge discussion about the value of it on gnttype. Just nosy...sorry if I'm intruding.
I have owned it for 9 years. I bought it with 1200 miles on it from a local guy getting a devorce. His loss was my gain.I take to the race track and shows but try to limit the miles.I am trying to keep this one for collector value. Thats why I'm looking fot another to play with. :biggrin:

I live in Greensburg, maybe 7 miles from Jay's. Been out there a few times for some small items. Nice guy, it's good to know that somebody like that is right next door :D

Back