You can type here any text you want

Popped my cherry

• Thread starter Thread starter LeesGN
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
L

LeesGN

Yep, i got my first "real" race and kill to go along with it. A bunch of friends and I were the local street scene hangout Friday night. I dont' usually race my car, as there aren't many genuine challenges that show up,(not to sound cocky, but most of the cars are intake, exhuast civics, etc, but i digress) but i still had some xylene in the tank anyway. We weren't there long when i saw a blue hatchback fox body pull in, and i recognized the guy (about 20 or so) driving it as a dude i met once before at mcdonalds, and we bsed about each other cars for a few. He asked me to run, and after some deliberation about not wanting to get busted and all that, we agreed to go. his mods were: 3.73's, headers, exhaust, fiberglass hood, most of the interior stripped, some aftermarket shifter, and a filter, basic mods. We lined up at the stoplight, and i stomped the brake and brought the revs up anticipating the green. I could hear him revving his motor as well, which sounded very nice (i love the turbo whistle, but i don't care much for the v6 buzz on these cars:o ) My rear tires began to spin after only 2 psi, despite my efforts on the brake. Hmm...that's odd, usually i can hold, and launch at 5 psi if i'm careful, but i suppose the cold tires, and cool night air took it's toll on traction. BAM! GREEN LIGHT!< i let the brake go and mashed the throttle, resulting in a weaksauce launch, and furious wheelspin through all of first gear, getting slightly sideways. He was right next to me, and i could hear that 5.0 screaming. 2nd gear hit and i finally caught traction and then walked away hard. I had approximately 3 carlengths when i let off at around 85 mph. The guy was very cool and we shook hands giving props on each other's car. He claimed to have kept up with cars that have gone 13.1-13.2 at englishtown in encounters with friends of his. I was stoked i got a race against a very cool opponent, and had a lot of fun.

Cliffnotes: GN beats lightly modded fox body by 3 lengths, very cool guy, reinforces my desire to someday own a notchback fox.

Yes! That is exactly what this board needs. A cliffnotes version to spare us the time of reading all of the details! :)

-DC:cool:

And to think, England just outlawed fox hunting.:p No-one downhere, in Ala anyway, ever seems to hot rod these cars. (Were beyond that here, we drive phart tip Hondus.) Theyre all gone .:( i always wanted a Futura. It made the cover of Hot Rod in the 80''''s as the best all around car to mod.

Back