You can type here any text you want

Porsche Turbo Coupe

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Red Regal T

Price est $118,000–$185,000
Body choices.....coupe, conv/ 2+2
engine..... Optional 3.6-liter twin-turbo dohc 24V flat-6, 415 bhp 3.6-liter twin-turbo dohc 24V flat-6
engine Lay-out...awd, Length (in.)174.4 Weight (lb.) 3395

Surprisingly, I had a little joust with one of these yesterday. Probably the lesser horsepower model. Surprisingly, because he chose to compete with a lowly Buick Regal. More than I can say for the typical Corvette or LS1 owner.

I was driving past this high dollar subdivision in Tampa where General Swartzkopf lives. And who's waiting at the stop sign, no, not the General, but this black Porsche cpe. Looked new, or at least fairly new. Only markings on the car was the word Turbo on the back. I'm not really familiar with them so I can't add much to the description. :( Checked pictures today at the Road and Track website and got the above info. Noticed he had a lady friend with him, so, just added to the surprise. Traffic was a little heavy but the road was a wide one with a little room to play.

At some point, I got next to him and we had an occassion to jump into it at a roll of about 20 mph. I was right with him but as I shifted into third, the traffic light ahead turned red and I had to stand on the brakes. Due to a constantly seeping trans front seal on to my exhaust, my car was smoking all over itself.........embarrassingly. :o I'll have to do something about that. :(

Well, we caught the light together. I couldn't see him because there was a car between us at the light. I was a little preoccupied with the smoking problem but figured we would go when the light went green. Well, green it went! I left at half pedal and suddenly, out of my left eye, this thing leaped out really fast.....had to be AWD. He must have slept for a split second figuring with all that white smoke, I blew up on the last go round. :D I went to WOT and it was dead even up to about 80 or so, and we ran out of room. I was still being embarrassed by the billowing white smoke but how do you think he felt?........Not being able to destoy a grocery getter? :D

Hey you better put some of those parts you sell on your own car....LOL:D jk

Cool encounter. I wish I could get lined up with one of those.

If the car just said 'turbo' on the back I am pretty sure that is the lower hp model, the 911 Turbo which is about 420hp. That one is about $115k while the GT2 is the $180k model and I think pumps out around 480hp. Im not too sure about the AWD part, which model is or isnt.

No matter what, good kill. Id love to have a porsche 911 Turbo sitting in the garage next to my T some day. :cool:

Forget the parts.... How about a $1.25 junkyard gasket for your clownmobile tranny.

But that aside.... Good kill....

probably a turbo 911, the gt2's have a big wind, you would have noticed it, almost looks like a rice wing, but they can do 190+, so i guess the've earned their wing. the gt2's are rear wheel drive to save weight, but still would be a very respectable car off the line. lucky it was a straight road :D

Atta boy John:):)

BTW- I *pray* the Eagles go down in flames.. The morons in this city will tear it apart if they win.
They don't deserve a big win
Animals.. BOOO EAGLES

Originally posted by Red Regal T
Price est $118,000–$185,000
Body choices.....coupe, conv/ 2+2
engine..... Optional 3.6-liter twin-turbo dohc 24V flat-6, 415 bhp 3.6-liter twin-turbo dohc 24V flat-6
engine Lay-out...awd, Length (in.)174.4 Weight (lb.) 3395

Surprisingly, I had a little joust with one of these yesterday. Probably the lesser horsepower model. Surprisingly, because he chose to compete with a lowly Buick Regal. More than I can say for the typical Corvette or LS1 owner.

Oh yeah, as I said, it was probably the lesser horsepower model (415 HP). It really leaped out quick, and the description above mentioned AWD. Here's some info I pulled from the Road and Track website. The article pictured a coupe with only the word "turbo" on the rear fascia.

"For 2001, the Turbo is considerably different — all-wheel drive, Porsche Stability Management to keep you out of trouble and 415 bhp from the 3.6-liter flat-6 engine with twin turbos — but the end result is still performance few cars can match. In our November 2000 road test, we hustled the Turbo from rest to 60 mph in a mere 4.0 seconds and on to 100 mph in 9.2 sec. To match this blazing acceleration, Porsche fits the Turbo with 13.0-in. vented disc brakes front and rear that are capable of bringing the car to a stop in only 119 ft. from 60 mph".

My cars only runs 12s, but just the way it sits, anytime, on street tires. I don't expect to blow off a 485 HP car. :eek: I can't even say I beat the 415 HP model. I just got more zip for the buck! :D

Hi Frank.........since the Bucs went to sleep, I figured Philly needs to win the Super Bowl. Don't know if it'll happen though. :)

Originally posted by FreeJack
Forget the parts.... How about a $1.25 junkyard gasket for your clownmobile tranny.

But that aside.... Good kill....

Whatsa matter osifer, you jealous? You better figure out how to get out of the 14s with your weekend driver GN, before you say anything. :rolleyes:

Back