You can type here any text you want

POS Thumwheel chip or Thrasher chip???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Thrasher 100 for times on my Red T, no knock, 110 Torco, 20 to 22 lb boost.

I have run with both, and my transmission seem to shift better with the thrasher chip. Only thing, is that when i use the thrasher, my bottom end stutters when i get on the gas. When i use the thumbwheel, i have no problem.
What do you guys think the deal is?

Originally posted by charleslong
I have run with both, and my transmission seem to shift better with the thrasher chip. Only thing, is that when i use the thrasher, my bottom end stutters when i get on the gas. When i use the thumbwheel, i have no problem.
What do you guys think the deal is?
I have been told by a Buick guy watching my car in the eighth that it scratches the slicks even into 3rd, but it has a Level 10 shift kit that scratches 3rd on street tires also. Dunno if the chip helps also.

I have ran a stutter Thrasher and non-stutter for stock injectors, but did not notice a big difference. I may be wrong, but I thought stutter limited the rpm to below the stall of the converter at launch to prevent wheel spin at the line, much like rev limiter for max rpm. I've read about it before on the board..might find more info in a search. hth

Back