Possible theft attempt????

groumoutis

Let me know if you think I am being paranoid or if you would be worried as well.

We were going to go to a show/cruise in and we stopped by a sporting goods store that was having their grand opening. I parked the GN as far away from the other cars as possible. A Jeep Cherokee parks right next to my car and sits there on the phone. I stay at the front door of the store and watch. I tell the wife that I am going to sit in the car just because of the guy in the Jeep. As I walk out to the car the guy leaves. I walk out to the car anyways. I noticed a lady on her phone a row over in a dark blue Prius. Keep in mind that this is the empty area of the parking lot.

I looked at the radar and some rain was on its way so I decide to skip the show. I drive home and as my wife and kids are getting out of the car the same lady in the Prius is nearly stopped in the street taking pictures of the car, garage and house.

My neighbor that I hang out with a lot approached the lady and asked her what she was doing. The lady asked him if he was to property owner. He said no but he told her he watches over the property. She then says that she knows us and that we know she is taking pictures. She tells him that we are ok with it. Then when he calls for me to come over she takes off.

I decided to not leave the car in the garage and since we are camping I decided to bring it to our campgrounds which is a gated campgrounds. I am going to be keeping the car at someone else's house for a while.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That would be enough for me to be panicking. I would definitely keep the car somewhere else for a while.

Not a good eye dude! I never drive straight home if someone is behind me never mind what you went thru at the store.

You should have spotted her a mile away. They now know where you live. As long as you live there they can attempt a strike.

Did your neighbor get her plate? If you see her again open fire! It'll send a message. Well, maybe not that drastic but if you see her get her plates and go to the authorities. They will have a talk with her and let you know if her boyfriend is connected to any car theft ring.

Tell your neighbor to watch for suspicious cars as well. If you see her outside again come running out with a gun pointed at her. That should change their mind a little.

If i was any closer I'd camp out with you. I love surprise parties!

D

Put the car on jack stands while in your garage (only takes a few mins) and hide your jack. Remove fuse from your Hot wire kit, and get a column lock. Simple and effective ways to protect. They may return but prob not. Easier fish in the sea.
My friend Buddy had the best anti-theft system I ever seen. He fenced his garage all way around and gated it on the driveway. Then he got Tundra...a 230lb Canadian Timberwolf that was licensed as a Husky. The shear sight of this thing was terrifying.

They may return but prob not. Easier fish in the sea.

There were two different vehicles surveilling him within minutes then followed him then pictures taken.

A theft turned into a recon mission. These are professionals. I bet there was a wrecker on the way to the lot.

Jack stands can not save that car even in his garage.

Be very weary of and utility vehicles and or put claiming to be with such n such company.

Should have never let himself be followed home. That was the OP's only mistake.

It sucks having to worry now but you do have to worry!

D

My garage has motion sensor, heat sensor and fire monitoring. Time to invest in a security system.

I also disagree...if they break into the garage with no jack...they would have to return at a later time and do it all over again.

I didnt even realize I was being followed home. I let the po-po know about it and they have been making rounds by the house at night. The car is in another garage now and this is one they can't get into very easy. I had the car with me at the campgrounds over night. Once I got up this morning I took it and stored it elsewhere. Since we live in such a small town I didn't think someone would be doing this kind of thing here. I was wrong. I drove through town today looking for that Prius but never spotted it. The car is going to be safely stored away for a month or more.

Other than the power tour this was the first night the Buick has slept out under the stars since I have owned it.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1371932137.995471.jpg

Go to your garage and drill the floor for 1 or 2 large anchors at the front by the door so it it seen as soon as the door opens and chain it down when not in use.

I had a similar thing happen.
I took out my battery
Parked my gn out side and taped razor
Blades to the bottom of the door handles
Cam out the next morning to find blood all over the door and a trail down the driveway and they never came back.
I should have called the hospital to see if anyone came in for sitches. But I didn't

I took out my battery
Cam out the next morning to find blood all over the door and a trail down the driveway and they never came back.
I should have called the hospital to see if anyone came in for sitches. But I didn't

Thats a good one!!Never thought of that.

I took out my battery

My dad was laughing like crazy. Teaches those perps a thing or two.

The Jeep and Prius are probably hot boxes so even if you got plates they probably wouldn't help. Keep the car somewhere else.

The 1st guy u shoulda have gotten a clear description of him the car and his tag. The lady snapping pics, following you home gotta shake your tail man always watch your 6 i never take the same route home. If there is a vehicle behind me i usually do the drive a few blocks/ circles see if its following. Other thsn that you really gotta watch yourself and family. Taking pics n shit isnt normal You might be under surveillance for something else. You never know. Always watch ur 6 stay alert and always trust ur gut. Report the incident go down to the same parking lot survey for cameras. Im sure you can get some footage of tags and descriptions do your homework and do some research on them. I dont put up with that type of shit. Ill get them before they get me. Theyll be in for a surprise

When I say we live in a small town I mean it. If you have ever seen the movie Hoosiers then you have seen the area I live in. Not too many cameras and not to many side roads to lose someone on. It think there might be 10-12 stop lights total and less than 20 in the entire county. Probably 80% of them are on US 231. That is why it caught me off guard. To get to the car now they will have to deal with two very aggressive dogs just to get to the garage.

Jesus that pisses me off. You're living your life minding your own business and you have to deal with that BS. You should install a camera at the very top of your garage pointing to the street, and one inside the garage. Very easy installs with a dvr. You can also hook it up to your Internet and view them anywhere you are. I have that at home. I like the chaining of the garage door idea, and the razor blades. Mine is outside and I don't care who watches it. They'd have to know how to put the cherry picker together, get the engine back in and wire everything up.

Jesus that pisses me off. You're living your life minding your own business and you have to deal with that BS. You should install a camera at the very top of your garage pointing to the street, and one inside the garage. Very easy installs with a dvr. You can also hook it up to your Internet and view them anywhere you are. I have that at home. I like the chaining of the garage door idea, and the razor blades. Mine is outside and I don't care who watches it. They'd have to know how to put the cherry picker together, get the engine back in and wire everything up.

Or just pick it up with a wrecker and drive off. The movie gone in 60 seconds actually isn't far fetched. If someone wants your car bad enough and has the skills to get it, they will.

When I say we live in a small town I mean it. If you have ever seen the movie Hoosiers then you have seen the area I live in. Not too many cameras and not to many side roads to lose someone on. It think there might be 10-12 stop lights total and less than 20 in the entire county. Probably 80% of them are on US 231. That is why it caught me off guard. To get to the car now they will have to deal with two very aggressive dogs just to get to the garage.

Small towns are great targets.....We just had a car theft/burglar ring broken up, here. Small town?? Ya, about 300 people. The 2 morons that got caught during a car jacking, stated that was EXACTLY why they were here. "We hit small towns, no cops, no one locks their doors, leave keys in the cars".
They got caught during a car jack, while the owner was in the yard, cutting grass!o_O
The owner damn near got shot w/ his own gun. He committed the cardinal sin of leaving the gun on the seat, and the keys in the ign.:rolleyes:

I took out my battery

My hand still hurts lol Thats a good one may try it but my like my gf would try to open car:)