Possibly Stolen GN/ or just Clone???

gr8regal

Just bought a 84 GN (basketcase) checked the vin# and nothing adds up. The cowl tag says one thing , the dash has another. The Door vins# have been removed and the trunk decal is also missing, By the way I dropped the gas tank and no build sheet . Any place else I can check to see if this is a stolen car or just a clone. All GN parts just sound stolen when I add things up. Any thoughts.

Look inside the two door panels and under the rear seat. I have found factory build sheets in both places.

Gary

After having the car about a week I think its a CLONE. The cowl says it s originally a White car. when I was under it, I noticed the the painter did a poor job and didn't paint under the doors or the rockers very well and their is overspray in certain areas. Its just alot of work to make it appear as a GN. Well if you have a totaled GN turn a regal into a CLONE.
Thanks Russell

Could also be like mine...a real GN which was stolen and reVINed as a non-TR so it could be driven/owned illegally without drawing attention from the state.

Jeff

Stolen GN

That is right. I thought about that also, I bought it from a car dealer that bought just a GN with a clear title (regular regal).
Russell