You can type here any text you want

Post much

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DEL

Things are pretty quiet around here...

Did everyone put their computers away for the winter too?:confused:

Whats on the upgrade list for the winter? Let's hear it!

Started my winter plans w/doing a custom twin turbo setup w/two stock turbos like project-X had. That was while the car was at my parents house. . . . . soon as I got it back and started to check the feasibility of the idea it got NIXED QUICK. I thought it would be another cool project and since ATR sells all of the nescessary laser cut flanges I thought it would be do-able but I think I'd have to loose the AC and I don't like that idea.
Sooooooooo. . . . .
Now I think I'm gonna' keep with the corner carver idea and notch the frame (for some 315s), put in a roll bar, convert the rears to disk brakes, and maybe even try to figure a way to stuff a whole Camaro/Firebird rear under it w/torque arm setup.

And make a T-top holder for Dan and myself.
That should just about do it for this winter.

ADUM

A new flagstone paito, hardwood floors in the family room....oh you mean on the car!
Whats going on Dave, long time no talk.
I was on-line tonight making some DisneyLand reservations, I think you took the family last year or year prior, pls send me a private email if you have any tips.
Onto the important stuff-winter projects;
Send the digital dash in for repair (and 85mph delete).
Fix the headliner.
Start looking for a bodyshop/painter as this summer will be my last with the original paint.

How about your projects, something to get the red car in the 11's?

Gary

Cold air intake
Alky chip and dial-in the GN with the alky setup
Timing chain and typical extras
PTS Shift kit
T-Top restraint with Adam

Debating Nitto drag radials vs. new high-performance tires
[the 3 year old Firestone Firehawks ain't hookin' like they used to]
Can't beat the ET results that the drag radials will net me, but I'm concerned about spraying rocks on the rear fenders during normal street driving plus I still would like to have high speed cornering performance.

Hopefully be set to run 12's for the first time ever next Spring with the T-Tops in the trunk :D

...car's still sitting at the tranny shop...got the trans back from len and my tranny guy noticed my hub was cracked when he was getting ready to install it...

sooooo....the convertor's back to bruce,getting fixed up and restalled to 3200...gotta fresh ta-61 sitting here...if the stall's enough i'll try the .82 ex housing i got with it...

i will say that this thing pulls harder on 18º/18# than it used to on 24º/24#...ported heads/intake/cam will do that for ya...'specially on a hotair...:cool:

i wish the track was still open...:(

Well thats more like it!

No plans to dump more money into the Turbo car since it is still for sale. I'll just detail it and change the fluids. The V8 Buick is getting a new 3" X-Pipe exhaust and new rear tires...if I can swing it the new tires will be on new wheels too!

After packing everything into the shop for the winter...I can hardly walk through there...need to sell some stuff!

Oh, and I'll also be making some TurboThunder5 plans over the winter :cool:

That sounds like breaking news to me...!
Does that officially mean TT5 is a go?
I was wondering if you were going to do it again, I like your idea of finding a way to keep everyone at the track Friday night (BBQ, Cater, etc) instead of going out for some grub!

PS- Do you think you can pick a date that is not gonna be 95 freakin degrees this year:cool:

I am headed to Boston again this week, sure you dont want me to eye ball that GN out there for you?

OMG Yes, Yes, Yes to Turbo Thunder 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you could order a round of mid 70 degrees would be nice for a change :cool:

Gary,

Don't bother looking at the GN for me...I need some iron to go out the door before any more comes in. :)

I GUARANTEE that the weather for TurboThunder5 will be cooler than it was last June.

We should have a date before the end of the year. As far as the activities. I think we discussed having Pizza in Woodburn on Friday night (the place is open until 1:00AM) and then we will are going to cater a BBQ on Saturday at the track. I haven't worked out any of the details yet...I always like to start with the date and go from there.

updates :)

I am still working on my ride.

Radiator is in
harness is on
trunk cables done for Bat and cut off switch
working on fuses for stock harness
new Adj fuel Pressure reg ( had rust problems)
new fuel rail ( had rust problems)
new 42# inj ( now I I need is a TE-63 LOL)

Does anyone local have a cam tool I could use?

I hope to have this running buy xmas, so I can do the turning and clean up during spring..

Oh yeah my new page is up.. here:

http://www.hei.net/~volvoman/

Chris

Originally posted by DEL
Gary,

Don't bother looking at the GN for me...I need some iron to go out the door before any more comes in. :)

I GUARANTEE that the weather for TurboThunder5 will be cooler than it was last June.

We should have a date before the end of the year. As far as the activities. I think we discussed having Pizza in Woodburn on Friday night (the place is open until 1:00AM) and then we will are going to cater a BBQ on Saturday at the track. I haven't worked out any of the details yet...I always like to start with the date and go from there.

That sounds good Dave! Hell, if the weather would just be in the 80's it will be cooler than the last two years.

Back