You can type here any text you want

Power Door Locks No Worky

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Morbid

To date I've switched out the Door Switches, checked the Fuses, and pulled out/cleaned the connection harness in the cuby hole behind the kick panel on the Drivers side. Power Locks still don't work. No noise from the mechanism in the door on either side.

MoRBid

To date I've switched out the Door Switches, checked the Fuses, and pulled out/cleaned the connection harness in the cuby hole behind the kick panel on the Drivers side. Power Locks still don't work. No noise from the mechanism in the door on either side.

MoRBid

I had the same problems on my Omega, did you test without the switch, by make the contsct on connectors with a screwdriver ?

No I haven't. I don't know which wires are hot and ground in the harness.

Looking in my Fisher Body Service Manual there is a connection diagram for Power Locks with Theft Deterrent System. I use that one for starters. I'm guessing all the wiring is still the same.

Greg

K I got this problem solved. I replaced the Relay (damn that thing is pricey) but like I fool I was still trying to see if they would work without attaching the Relay back to the body.

Well that will never do. Seems the Relay is grounded to body via that little screw (which I need to replace) and the locks are grounded via the Relay.

One down and couple hundred on my list to go. At least I'm getting somewhere :rolleyes:

MorBiD

Back