You can type here any text you want

Power estimates?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

macatoni

Buick Powered
Got the alchy setup and i can run 25# with it, i was just wondering what power or 1/4 mile estimates might be?

David

With a red's chip and alky I ran low 12's with Nitto's.. didnt run 11's till I got more agreesive with timing. Ran mid 11's when I started pouring in the alky..

Depends on whose alky kit you use, what chip, who's tuning the car, traction, etc.. and how well the motor is leakdown wise..

Easy.. with a 1.70 should run mid 12's no sweat. Just becuase you make boost doesnt mean you make power.. with the rite chip/conditions/tuning.. some have gone way farther. Look at TTAmeasap.. Bo.. with a stock motor and a TA49 11.34

hth

Thanks razor! The motor is pulling way harder then it ever has, The power does not feel as linear as race gas but it still works great. I have the spray on point at 12psi and pump speed at about 7(this is on the old SMC kit). The chip is not an alchy chip, i know i need to get one i just dont know where i'm gonna get it. The motor is stock except that the heads are ported...I never did a leak down test but the compression test was excellent with like a 4% max difference amonst the cylinders. Also, i went through a whole bottle of alchy in one night!!! Alright well i was on it the entire time, i just assumed it would last longer. Still its cheaper then race gas!!!

David

Back