Power logger question

poppy1440

Hello, I was having computer issues and I had to completely wipe out my computer and re-install everything.

I saved the power logger program and drivers to an external drive because its always a hassle for me to install the powerlogger drivers for the first time on windows 7.

My issue is that if the external drive is connected to the computer I can open the program and look at old logs just like normal. But once I disconnect the external drive, I can not open the power logger program unless I re-connect the external drive.

I saved all the powerlogger files from the external drive to the laptop but it still won't open the program. Any help would be appreciated. Can what I am trying to do be done.

Thanks in advance

problem is your short cut is still looking for the program on the external drive
find the PowerLogger folder (with the updated drivers) in the c: drive or desktop
then open folder and find the 'PLC' application file ... right mouse it and click "send to" /" create shortcut- to desktop"
now on desktop youllhave a new plc shortcut icon ... delete the old short cut you had been using
now when you want pl click the short cut on desktop and it will know where to find the plc programs

Pacecarta, I tried what you told me but the problem is that when I open the external drive I can only send to the desktop. C: drive is not an option I can select. When I open it from the external drive which files do i need to copy to the desk top.

The problem is the powerlogger files are all scattered about. They are not under just the power folder

Attachments

• 1-19-15.dat
    101.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 1-23-15 IDLE.dat
    85 KB · Views: 62
  • 3-8-15 3rd gear.dat
    78.6 KB · Views: 55
  • bison1.dat
    324.5 KB · Views: 77
  • bison2.dat
    143.1 KB · Views: 64