You can type here any text you want

Power master fail

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

black87Ttype

The power master went out on my car. Was thinking about the Hydro boost kit. The price is up there, but I only want to do this once. Feed back on the Hydro boost ?

I just put in the astro van booster and it stops so much better. I can stop a lot shorter and smoke the tires if I want to. Definitely worth the upgrade

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Suggest a search.. Been many threads/posts on the topic.[Including mine w/ pics];)

Ahhhh, the good ol Death Master failure. Caused my check pants light to come on a few times myself. If cost is an issue, Id just go with a vacuum brake setup and be done with it. Hydroboost is nice and all, but it gets salty in a real way quickly. Either route is a viable and nice option in its own way. My nicklesworth of free advice :) -Ben

You could also get a reman from Kirban with the lifetime warranty. It is by far the easiest way to go, IMO.;)

Just installed a vacuum unit on my GN from advanced auto, for an '87 regal, works perfect... $160 for everything...couldn't be happier.... Mike

I like the price ! Did you change the pedal?
No I did not, I mocked everything up, drilled a hole and welded a proper size stud in place where it belongs with the new booster, I also left the original pm stud in place, so it still could be used ....Mike

I like the price ! Did you change the pedal?
I used the larger one for a late 80's Caprice and it works better than the powermaster.I got it at Oreilly's for $122.00 or alot of others here have used the one for a Monte Carlo SS with good results.

If you want to replace the P/M with something better, HydroBoost is the way to go

Back