You can type here any text you want

Power Master hose leaking?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BuickMike231

60% of the time, it works every time.
Hey guys, I recently found a puddle of brake fluid under my car right behind the drivers side front tire in line with the frame. Best I can tell, it looks like the hose that runs from the PM motor up to the hard line that goes to the master cylinder is what's leaking. It appears to be dripping from that lower connection on the motor end of the hose, is this common? Also is this hose available anywhere? I didn't see it on Kirbans or G Body's websites.

Any ideas or do you guys think it could be anything else? The frame directly below that connection is wet and the fluid runs down the frame and drips behind the wheel.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

I have the same exact problem. I think its the hose but haven't dug into it yet.

Any ideas guys? Is there a source for this hose or am I better off taking it to a hydraulic shop and having them make me one? If I go that route, is there any reason/benefit of going to a braided stainless line like the hoses to the calipers or just leave it rubber?

Thanks!

Turns out it was the motor itself. Replaced that and back in business!

My buddy did it for me, but it doesn't look like a tough job. The worst part is buying the pump and having to wrestle with it to get it working even though it's brand new. I guess they are new but still 20 years old!

Back