You can type here any text you want

Power window question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TOOMANYTOYS

The power window motors on my 87 are in the top of the doors yet every other regal I see in the junkyards have the motor in the bottom. My last 87 had them in the bottom as well. Why the difference?

I don't know but I never saw ANY G-body car with the stock PW motor mounted anywhere other than in the bottom forward position of the door. That's why I'd think it's aftermarket.

I would agree but the wire harness is laid out that way as well. It even has the little white clips that anchor to the door. Made in Canada maybe?

original door? maybe it was swapped out at some time from a different model

If those are the original doors on your car ,I would say those are aftermarket motors. There is a possibility those are
OEM . Does your car, have a high end stereo install in it or previous installed.Back in the late 90's stereo shop made
a universal cam lever bracket that enable to move the actuator and motor near the top ,so they would be able to mount
bigger door speakers. If that's not the case you have a rare G/N.:cool::cool:

I don't know but I never saw ANY G-body car with the stock PW motor mounted anywhere other than in the bottom forward position of the door. That's why I'd think it's aftermarket.
You guys should learn to whistle Dixie backwards. Boxcar is spot on right!!!

I don't know for sure if the doors are oem. It's a good possibility they were swapped at some point. That's why I was wondering if the window motor location had to do with the year the door was made. The previous owner isn't any help. He's got no idea what's going on. He advertised the car as having a blow off valve. When I asked where it was he pointed at the adj fpr

Back