powerbraking?

87gnstock

Bigger isn't better!
will pwerbraking hurt my gn or will have little or no effeect on it besides the tires?

When I pull up to a light and someone wants to race, I try to power brake before I launch. The light turns green and off I go.

It's only after the adrenaline has settled that I wonder what I damaged, blew up, caught fire, snapped, etc.

I figure, that as long as the tires are spinning, then all that bottled up power (torque) is being released through the tires....................and not the head gaskets :)

But I can't leave with more than about 3 pounds of boost on the street, without breaking the tires loose. Since I have a buddy down here that launches from the tree at 18 pounds, I'm sitting in high cotton. He finally started to balloon the torque convertor after 80+ launches like that at the track. And that was strictly from him, not the previous owner. BTW, his car is a green AMX with a GN set up. Kinda sneaky.

HTH Erik

Builds up SIGNIFICANT heat in the tranny when you powerbrake. Do not sit there too long, when powerbraking, unless you like rebuilding tranny's.

Mike Banas
87GN