You can type here any text you want

Powermaster getting sick?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Texas gn

Here is a strange one for ya. Pulled in to the driveway after 25 miles of driving home and my brakes went to the floor. The brake light came on to. I eased it into the garage trying not to run over my 67. Opened the hood and the brake reservoir was completely filled to the top and running out. I did the brake pump thing and removed the top and also removed the excess brake fluid. Cleaned it up put the top back on fired it up, no light pedal felt good. Do ya think my powermaster is on its way out? I have not tried to drive it.

Somethings not right. There is 2 reservoirs on the PM. Which one was overflowing?

change the fluid .Get a turkey baster and just keep changing it until it looks clean .probably dirt in it.you wouldnt believe the ones i brought back to life just changing the fluid

Yep..went to the store at lunch and got some dot 3. Sure hate the idea of spending money on the PM. Need it for go fast stuff:biggrin:

Thanks

Even at proper levels it should overflow unless your boilingthe fluid out.

Fluid is checked with the acum depleted. i.e.-Key off and the brake pedal depressed 10 or so times till it gets hard.
then fill the reservoirs to full line on both sides.

Turn key on no start and the pump should kick on and pull the engine side reservoir down to 1/4 inch in 10 seconds then shut off

Your reservoirs are high because you lost power on the system.

You should be aware that when you fill the reservoir, you MUST pump the brakes a dozen times with the key off...this removes the pressure from the system and allows you to fill the reservoir. The details for this are printed right on the reservoir tank.

If you fill the reservoir when the system is pressurized, it will spill over when the pressure bleeds down.

DO NOT overfill the reservoir. It's a common mistake people make with these cars and results in brake fluid spilling onto the pump - destroying it in the process. If you filled it correctly, it will appear low at all times - that's normal.

Check your connectors, replace them if necessary. You lost power and that is why it spilled out. If it works intermittently, it's usually a power feed problem.

Back