You can type here any text you want

PowerMaster line flush with hand vacuum pump

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anthony P

sharing knowledge with those who care to listen
I was planning on flushing out the old brake fluid by using a hand vacuum pump MityVac style) at each of the wheel cylinders to pull fresh fluid from the reservoir. As long as I don't let the fluid level in the reservoir get too low so air get into the system, does anyone see why this won't work?

I'll be doing this by myself. No longer have someone to pump the brake pedal for me. TIA.

-Anthony

And I'll go in order of RR, LR, RF, LF.

Should work fine. Or you can pump the brake pedal yourself and then hold it down with something wedged between the brake pedal and the driver seat. Not as good as having someone there to hold it, but as long as the pedal doesn't move back up, it won't suck air in.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to make this my Sunday afternoon project.

Hand pump works fine...just takes a lot of pumping to do all 4...I opted for the kit that works off a compressor...whatever you do don't let the master cyl go dry...or you will be starting all over again...and have to also bleed the master cyl...

Thank-you. After I depressurize the system and open the reservoir cover, I'll siphon out the old fluid with a turkey baster designated for brake fluid. Then I'll fill it up with fresh fluid for the line flush. The mity-vac unit has a nice 5 oz or so cup so you can see how much you're pulling from the system so as not to run the reservoir dry. I got 3 qts for the job so I should have plenty.:biggrin:

RFI as an option

...reverse fluid injection. I use this method and, for me, has worked the best. You should be able to do it with a mityvac pump. The theory is that air rises, and to take adavantage of that, push brake fluid from the bleeder screw back up to the MC.
Be sure to remove some of the brake fluid from the MC first as you'll be introducing new fluid to the system.

I was planning on flushing out the old brake fluid by using a hand vacuum pump MityVac style) at each of the wheel cylinders to pull fresh fluid from the reservoir. As long as I don't let the fluid level in the reservoir get too low so air get into the system, does anyone see why this won't work?

And I'll go in order of RR, LR, RF, LF.

I've been doing it like that for a few years now with many successful results.

Back