You can type here any text you want

powermaster motor?when should it come on.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ulose2av6

when the ignition is in the on position should the pump come on everytime i hit the brake pedal?

I'm not sure, I know mine cuts on for a few seconds I think once I turn the key on. After that I never really hear from it again.

ulose2av6 said:
when the ignition is in the on position should the pump come on everytime i hit the brake pedal?
Short answer - No.
It will vary depending on the condition of your seals, your accumulator and your pump. If your Powermaster is in excellent working order, maybe 2 to 3 or even 4 pedal presses before it would/should need to come on again. The important question is how long does it run when it comes on. If it only comes on for a moment or two, the motor is pumping up well. If it does it frequently (like you have already mentioned) the pressure is not being held within the high pressure side of the unit. The Accumulator ball or cylinder itself could be at fault.

Check this out: http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/brakes/brakespage.html

Learn what you can if you want to keep the PM alive. It's a good start, but not all there is to learn.

Back