You can type here any text you want

Powermaster motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bad V6

This past Saturday I was on my way to the track and noticed the Powermaster motor was running constantly. Luckily I was at the track and ready to park when I heard it. Upon turning off the ignition, the pump stopped, then I raised the hood to get an idea of what was going on. With the key in the ON position, the Powermaster motor began running again. When it was time to leave, approximately 5 hours later, the Powermaster and brakes acted as they should, so I proceeded home.

I finally got a chance to begin troubleshooting the system. There is no BRAKE light. It has no leaks external or internal. The accumulator is within it's timed specs for operation. I did however notice a few pieces of trash in the reservoir, so I flushed the fluid. The brake fluid was changed 2 years ago when I installed new pads, shoes, rotors, S-10 cylinders, and a line lock.

I have never had any brake fade and the brakes will hold 25# boost.

I did locate a GM J-35126 tool and am going to complete the diagnostics troubleshooting.

Has anyone experienced anything like this, and if so what was the problem? Or does anyone have ideas as to what to look for?

Thanks in advance,
Pat

Back