You can type here any text you want

powermaster please Help!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dwmoore

this is my third p/m second from se turbo one lasted 2 1/2 months got new one in today beanch blead put on everything working right pumped up the acc relieved it a couple times to get air bubbles out of fluid it did fine. now i go to take it for a test drive and it the pump wont run at all the brake light is on and it wont even pump up the acc nothing checked fuse it does only have one? dont have anything to check voltage just test light it has power to the two middle prongs on the pump plug. any help would be great this pm is driving me nuts and i dont have far to go!

update i can here the motor click when i plug the pressure switch in iam sure it does it when you turn the key on i just cant here it from inside the car any ideas

Sorry, been off line for a couple of days.

Do you still have the problem? A test light doesn't really tell you what you need. You need a DMM and a knowledgeable "wire nut".

Yes, there is only one main fuse for the P/M motor. It's 30A in the fuse block under the dash. The 2 middle pins on the motor plug (B & C) are from the ignition switch and the battery, respectively. Pin A grounds the motor, pin D grounds the relay through the switch.

If your motor isn't running at all, you could have a ground problem. Simple to fix with a little cleaning or posible relocation of a traced wire.

If you motor is "clicking" every few moments, it would be a symptom of a blown accumulator ball. The pump would be deadheading. Turn on your key without starting the motor and listen under the hood. You may hear it click every once in a while.

Aren't you the fellow I helped a little while back with the P/M I told you was bad from SE Turbo? Strange...3 in a row being bad? Where are they getting them from, the boneyard? Homemade rebuild?

sorry hadnt checked my post yes you helped me not long ago another bad pm they are replaceing them but i have to change them out geting pretty good at it they are getting them rebuilt in calf. somewhere waiting on another one to come in said they havent had this much trouble in ten years just started in last six weeks. thanks for the reply

Read my response to help diagnos a brake problem . Maybe its not your PM that is bad . Your whole brake system has to workk right for your pm to function properly .

Back