Powermaster pulsing

LEGACY_GN

Works fine and didn't even know it was doing that until I was working on some wiring yesterday and had key on. The pump is constantly pulsing on and off. If I push on the brake then it pumps for 10 seconds or so and shuts off for a few seconds before beginning the pulsing again. It's a 2014 lifetime warranty unit from cardone. Fluid is clear and looks good but is almost 2 years old. All lines were replaced with stainless and braided stainless.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Works fine and didn't even know it was doing that until I was working on some wiring yesterday and had key on. The pump is constantly pulsing on and off. If I push on the brake then it pumps for 10 seconds or so and shuts off for a few seconds before beginning the pulsing again. It's a 2014 lifetime warranty unit from cardone. Fluid is clear and looks good but is almost 2 years old. All lines were replaced with stainless and braided stainless.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Prob psi switch.
Basic test is open hood, Key off, press brake pedal ten -15 times until pedal gets hard ( aka accum is depleted), then check in board reservoir fluid level that its at proper level, then turn key on (KOEO) and pump will turn on and watch fluid level drop and should go down to a 1/4ish inch in 10 seconds, pump shuts off and stay there. That is refilling accum and is ready for power assist each time the pedal gets pressed until its depleted to the pressure switchs cut in time and then the cycle starts over

Yes, I did that test as I thought maybe it had internal leak but everything was ok. It just keeps pulsing. Can you elaborate on the pressure switch. Is that same as the brake switch sold by kirban? I think it would be easier to replace that then remove the whole thing and send in for warranty claim.

Yes, I did that test as I thought maybe it had internal leak but everything was ok. It just keeps pulsing. Can you elaborate on the pressure switch. Is that same as the brake switch sold by kirban? I think it would be easier to replace that then remove the whole thing and send in for warranty claim.
Its the only switch in system and sits at 12 o oclock behind reservoir its grey and has 3 wires. It monitors pressure to turn on pump and turn off pump to charge accum. If its lifetime warr...send it back to Kirban I presume is where you got it. Switch is 120 bucks now!!
May be the time to consider going vacum. Pull teh PM send it back get the rebuilt one and shelve it and the vac is way more reliable IMO. I just did a swap on a 3ok mile GN last year, guy was WOT and hit the brakes and they were not there! He about broke the seat trying to stop teh car...he loves the pedal feel of the vac too!!