Powermaster unit running

abrasv

Parked the car a couple of weeks ago when it started having a hard pedal and dash brake light on. Yesterday I went out to tinker with it and, with no key turned on, when I opened the door the PM unit started running by itself for at least 5 minutes and during that time the radiator fan started running.?????? Finally it all stopped when the battery drained so I turned the key on and nothing- battery was dead. Charging it up today but in the meantime trying to understand what is going on. I periodically had the hard petal and light but it went away until recently. Do I replace the accumulator ball, the switch, the whole unit?
Any ideas?

You replace the whole unit before it causes you to crash into someone that doesn't deserve it.

but first, look on the DS inner fender. You'll see three relays. One will be bigger than the other (it's the only one that has two plugs going to it).

CAREFULLY, unscrew it from the car, remove both plugs, and walk to your back yard. Throw it as far as you can. Then pick it up and throw it again.

Once that is done, grab the biggest hammer you own, find the relay, and smash the everloving shit out of it.

Then wonder for the rest of the day how GM got 5 gallons of rust into such a small box. (same science with how Skittles can get 2 gallons of juice into one little M&M)

You'll never have the fan mess with you late at night again.

So you're saying don't even run the relay or buy a new one?

The relay keeps the fan running for a short period after you shut off the car. GM thought you needed to do this because of oil in the hot turbo as I recall. It is not needed. It rusts because the unit is has assed sealed and there is now gutter over it as on the passenger side relays. I bought a new one, sealed it with silicone and put a gutter over it just for appearence sake. It is totally not needed.

The relay keeps the fan running for a short period after you shut off the car. GM thought you needed to do this because of oil in the hot turbo as I recall. It is not needed. It rusts because the unit is has assed sealed and there is now gutter over it as on the passenger side relays. I bought a new one, sealed it with silicone and put a gutter over it just for appearence sake. It is totally not needed.
Thanks for that. Clears up that issue.