Prduction #?

87 WE2

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIND OUT PRODUCTION #'S TO HOW MANY TURBO REGAL T-TYPES WHERE MADE IN CERTAIN COLORS IN 86?
I KNOW THE TOTAL # OF T-TYPES MADE IN 86, I AM LOOKING FOR THE SPECIFIC COUNT OF CARS PAINTED IN CERTAIN COLORS THAT YEAR.
I KNOW ASKING IS A LONGSHOT BUT, I FIGURED THAT IT CANT HURT TO ASK.
SOMEONE SOMEWHERE MUST KNOW, DID BUICK KEEP A RECORD OF THIS?
I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW MANY WHERE PAINTED CODE 58 (LIGHT SANDSTONE METALLIC) IT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MANY.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO PLEASE POST IT, THANKS:)

I don't believe that information is available.

Very nice rare color too. I almost ordered a Limited Turbo in that color. :)

Blackout trim or chrome?

I think that the information is available its just finding it out thats the tough part. Some where there is record off all the cars built and there options/colors. Buick must have kept records of this stuff. I mean they know for instance how many say 68-69 camero's where painted what colors and how many where painted that color.
Someone must know how many t-types where painted certain colors?

It is a rare color thats why I bought the car, I was told by Kirban that the color was offered in a desingers series paint scheme as per the 86 delers manual. I believe the upper & lower portion would have been brown and the middle code 58. I am not sure of the top & bottom of the top of my head I have a pic of one somewhere I will try to find it & see what color it is.
anyway it would have been:
brown
light sandstone mettalic
brown
in 86 as a desinger series othen then the
black
gray
Black wh1 which was also offered in 86.
The odd ball thing is that the original owner who I bought the car from ordered the car as a solid color Code 58 which apperently you could order the car in a solid color from a desingers series paint scheme.

All 86 T-Types had black out trim.......:)

Originally posted by Grand Nash
It is a rare color thats why I bought the car, I was told by Kirban that the color was offered in a desingers series paint scheme as per the 86 delers manual. I believe the upper & lower portion would have been brown and the middle code 58.

After '82, I don't think you could get any designer's series paint jobs, on a TURBO Regal T except for black and silver (WH1) . The colored designer series piant jobs were only for non T-Types. Not sure what happened in '87 (when the T Type was dropped).

Actually the T package had nothing to do with the exterior trim other than the sport wheels.

The WO2 black out package determined if it was chrome or black trim.

I think you could get the sandstone in a Regal with chrome trim and a turbo.

86 t-types did not come with chrome trim that is why there is no option code for it, they came standard with black out trim.

Chrome trim was not an option in 86