You can type here any text you want

Probaly gonna run a Lightning,what to expect?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2QWIK4U

Young guy just bought a new one and is very cocky.My question is this....Is it gonna be safe to spot him a car length or so in the 1/8 mile so I can get him to put up a little more money?As far as I know it is stock.I've heard that he was gonna order a module for it but not really sure how much benefit it's gonna be for him.Plus if we run I'll probaly have the 275-60-15 BFG Dr's on my car.

A lightning is capable of very low 13s with almost nothng....it is capable of a high 12 with next to nothing. Beyond that it takes bigger and better mods from what I have read although I am certainly no expert. If the car you are running him with is the one in your sig I don't think you will have a problem beating him although I don't know about spotting him a truck length. I would run him straight up but lay down at the other end if its an option and beat him by a length or two. The do the double or nothing trick and voila. This is of course if he doesn't hand you your butt. :eek:

they dont hook for S***, you will beat him if you run above 20psi of boost and put 14 pounds on the DR's a friend had one with chip,K&N, and a pulley, ran 13.7, 13.8 back to back with a 2.2 60 foot. good luck let us know how it turns out.

WE've got some Lightning's down here that will run about a 12 flat to 12.20. Of course this is on juice. If he isn't spraying, you should be fine.

OK, Mike ran 1.84 60' on stock tires.

"Young Kid" will likely run 2.2 60' on stock tires.

Make sure the truck isn't very modded or have a bottle and you should hand him his ass. Since it is the 1/8th, you will likely have the advantage if you know how to launch which it looks like. as said already, pedal him and barely beat him, then go out and take his money.:D

If you run 7.40's consistantly, I'd set him out 2 cars, and then collect your money.

Ross

Am I the only reformed street racer here? If you set him two cars and beat him then he knows you are at LEAST two cars faster. If he is young and dumb get him to run straight up and then just barely reel him in.....offer double or nothing because you KNOW he is going to use the I spun excuse or I missed a gear crap and will be more than willing to redeem. Just be very humble, aw shucks that truck is FAST and you will get him to run you twice easily.

Originally posted by BlownZ
Am I the only reformed street racer here? If you set him two cars and beat him then he knows you are at LEAST two cars faster. If he is young and dumb get him to run straight up and then just barely reel him in.....offer double or nothing because you KNOW he is going to use the I spun excuse or I missed a gear crap and will be more than willing to redeem. Just be very humble, aw shucks that truck is FAST and you will get him to run you twice easily.

........well.........I hate to admit it, but I was thinking the same thing. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:D

I agree with most....no fog= no problem. But don't make the same mistake many others do.....while you're gigglin' about how you're gonna hustle him, don't EVER think he hasn't had similar thoughts. It is downright foolish to not expect that angle....always prepare for your opponent as if he were twice as smart as you think he is. I've heard of far too many people excited because they thought they were hustlin' someone and, as soon as double is agreed to....well, found out it was the other way around.

Too much boost at launch and you might lose due too tire spin.

Happened to me once. He hooked and left me but half-way thru 2nd gear I caught and left him.

dont ever underestamate your oponent.

there was a white 5.0 GT that looked and sounded like crap.
lotta poping from the exhaust when he reved on me yatta yatta.

said he just got a new MAF sensor and wanted to run against me
(he saw me a week before filling up w/ 100 and fiddleing w/ my boost and T plus)

heh so im thinkin "just a junk 5.0 w/ untuned boltons. mid 14 sec car at best lol."

well, we went to a secluded spot and raced. not worrying about traction, i agreed to race as i stood and i was on 225 BFG radial TAs.

well i spin like a mo fo on the launch. he got like 2 cars on me at the launch, and i just spun through 1st and 2nd. he ended up getting me by a car leingth at like 103 mph or so. i would have smoked him if i had the traction.

i was devastated, but not so devastated when i found out that this kid had heads, cam, intake manafold, throttle body, underdrive pully, x pipe, exhaust and tons of othermods. i figured it was at least a mid 13 sec car.

ALWYAS asume he has more than he's got. Blown Z has a good idea of runing him straight out first.

who would have thought a 5.0 with mismatched wheels would be slightly quick :p

Why would you spot him anything, you with a 17 year old V-6, and him with a brand, spankin', new V-8. Get him to spot you! :p

Back