You can type here any text you want

(Problem) Just installed braided line kit on a hydroboost car.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboclam

85 converted to 86-87. Brakes don't work, steering lines and fluid gets really hot at idle. (Like exhaust side turbo hot) pump seems to be working when I turn the steering wheel. What am I missing? Help!....and thanks. :smile:

Hydroboost

Sounds like you might have crossed up the pressure line down on the steering box. Does the PSP sound real loud like it's straining if it does they're crossed up??. What happens when you turn the steering wheel back and forth does it turn easily or is it hard to turn???

I had a bad hydroboost unit that did what your talking about. I had to replace the unit with a known good one to figure that one out.

Well ended up just replacing the hydroboost and the problem went away. I spoke with PowerBrakeBob and he said it sounded like the spool valve went bad in the hydro unit. I had purchased a reman from AZ about a year ago and the warranty is free lifetime replacment. Advance has the same Cardone unit for $118 and AZ has it for $198. Same cardone part# too! Of course they price match. Thanks for the help guys.

Back