You can type here any text you want

Problem with Thrasher chip, or it maybe me!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

6pack

T-Time
Got a thrasher 92 anti-theft chip in the T-type. Had it in there about 2 weeks. Started fine up until today. Go thru the start-up sequence, fires up runs for about 2 seconds the dies, I mean everything dies like the battery had been disconnected. No dash lights, no fuel pump, notta! Well disconnect battery, reconnect battery, same thing. Changed chips fires right up! Help! Thanks;)
BTW here are the specs on the chip:
9230K2.560
OCT: 92
MJ: STOCK
STUT: NO THEFT: YES

Its possible that you are having trouble with the P/N switch. A friend could not use the thrasher anti theft chip because the switch was not functional. Do you have a directscan? When you turn key on, look at text mode and see if the P/N light goes out if you shift out of park.

Thanks for the info...

Never thought of that. No scan tool right now. I will leave the JC chip in there for now! Thanks again!;)

Thrasher problem

I got the same chip as you about 6 months ago. My car starts fine but stalls out every mile or two. I've heard from other people that this is a common defect them. Oh well what do you want for $25.00 :( .

Re: Thrasher problem

Originally posted by SPOOLFOOL2
I got the same chip as you about 6 months ago. My car starts fine but stalls out every mile or two. I've heard from other people that this is a common defect them. Oh well what do you want for $25.00 :( .

I think you were misinformed. I have a couple of Thrasher chips and I've never experience what you said above. I've never even read others having the problem with a Thrasher chip.
I think you need to start looking at other things that may be wrong with your car (electrical) that may causing the problem, JMHO.

Dannyo

Re: Thrasher problem

Originally posted by SPOOLFOOL2
I got the same chip as you about 6 months ago. My car starts fine but stalls out every mile or two. I've heard from other people that this is a common defect them.
Just another example of a person that doesn't know what they are doing and probably shouldn't own a TR anyway...:(

Check to see how low the battery voltage goes when you crank the motor over...The ecm may "forget" that you did the proper sequence if the voltage drops below a certain level while cranking...

And when you figure out the problem, someone edit out the mention of a certain portion of the sequence from the above posts...

Originally posted by FJM568
And when you figure out the problem, someone edit out the mention of a certain portion of the sequence from the above posts...
I edited mine Jim....can't do the other guys!!:D ;) Thanks...I'll check that as soon as I can.;)

Doh! Thats it... people are about to expose the anti-theft for cryin out loud. WATCH WHAT YOU SAY!!! :mad:

About time I invest in an Auto-Lock for the break pedal now. Then I'll have 3 things going for me: Factory Alarm, Anti-theft chip, pedal locking device. Better bring a roll-bed if you want my car. ;)

Back