proper ride height

Thumper

Richard/Colonel

I know the ride height may be changing for our TSA cars, Can you post what the measurements will be from wheel well opening to ground in front and rear. As the new springs definately raised my car and I do not know what is acceptable.

Thanks
Bill

Bill, I'm not Richard or the Colonel but if you want I can measure my Regal T for ride height. My car with 33K has the original springs / suspension and 26" tall BFG's on stock T wheels. I think it would give you an idea. Let me know.

Craig

TSA specs for ride height of Buick Regals, GNs and GNXs.

Bill: In a letter dated 6 April, 1987, Buick Motor Division defined ride height as the distance from the pavement to the bottom edge of the
wheel well molding. For the front wheel the distance is 27.2 inches. For the rear wheel it is 26.8 inches. The dimensions are at curb weight
with a full tank of fuel and no passengers or luggage. These dimensions are within + or - 1/2 inch. These are Buick and TSA specs.

Thanks for your input.

The Colonel

Colonel,

So the front being 27.5 is ok, but my rear went to 27.5 also with tank showing empty so that should also be acceptable right, most racers will show with 1/2 tank or less for weight savings and that should be real close I hope.

Just to raise a question about 86 vs 87 ride height with different codes for springs. I know my 86 shows the codes 6yt, 7yt for front springs and 8hp,9hp for the rear springs. Most 87 around here show 6yx, 7yw fronts and 8pz,9pz for rears. Being different coded springs are we sure that 86 should be the same height??? Just trying to get clarification on the board so not to have problems come up in tech.

Thanks Colonel

Thank you for the offer Hyper V6, but I really needed the info for the TSA tech, as my 12,000 mile car was sitting lower than expected for the class rules with the original springs/suspension.

Bill