You can type here any text you want

proportioning valve mod?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stroker-ace

Boosted-brick
I have heard that there is a mod you can do to your stock proportioning valve to eliminate the little valve up front that pops out when you try to bleed the brakes.

what is this mod?

also, can I take the front piece out of a third gen camaro and use that, or can I use the entire proportioning valve from a third gen? thanks.

The mod removes the little pop out but is not a good idea. Doing so removes the isolation between front and rear so a failure at either end would leave you without enough pressure for the other! :eek:

If the third gen camaro prop valve was for front disc rear drum, it should work. Use the whole thing.

The best thing to do is make a tool like the one shown in the Buick shop manual. I took a piece of 3/16 x 1 1/2" aluminum bar cut a 3" piece, bent it 90 deg. about 3/4" from one end and cut a slot in the long portion to lign up with the mounting bolt on the combo valve. It took 20 min. to make and 30 sec. to install when I want to bleed the brakes.

Back