You can type here any text you want

PT Cruiser needed a HEMI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1ARUNEM

On Lucky #7
Ya, ya, i know, a PT Cruiser ain't saying much and wouldn't normally be much of a challenge but i couldn't let an opportunity go by.

I'm on the way home from putting a FP in a friends car tonight when i get behind a PT Cruiser putting along driving in the left lane and wouldn't get over. We approach a red light so i move to the right to get around him.

The light turns green and i had noticed that a lady was driving. Well, i though nothing of it and gave it a good bit of gas from a dead idle to get around her. All of a sudden, i see she's trying to pace me. Hmmm... I ease down a bit more and she's right there out my driver's window. Mind you, i am running stock boost and the turbo is just now beginning to come in and build some boost. I also had my toolbox (weighs a ton) and a bunch of other crap in the back.

I decide to roll into the pedal and see what the PT has got. Well, to my surprise, she stayed with me thru 2nd, but as the auto shifted into 3rd, the boost was in fully and i began to pull away.

She gave me a good run, and i didn't feel bad about the small margin of victory because like i said, i had a bunch of crap in the back, low boost, and had a just topped off the tank. (40 gallons of diesel ain't light)..

All in all, my 8600lb GVWR 93 Chevrolet 2500 4x4 turbo diesel held her own quite well...

Hehe.... Wait till the buick gets outta the paint shop... Then we'll see who wants to play.. HAHA....

ok WTF? why do people in wrong wheel drive vehicles/ grocery getters/daily drivers/ work vehicles/ whatever insist on pacing or acting like they want to race anything that even remotely appears to be a performance car? ive seen morons in minivans trying to race camaros, minimum wagers racing their works 4 ton van around curves like they think they're mario andretti. so what gives? are people retarded?

how can anyone get into a vehicle built specifically for economy/hauling stuff (like bricks or lumber, not ass) and start thinking "i'm a bad MFer now!!!!"????

what exactly is the point in annoying drivers with real performance vehicles? to show them you can lose every single time? that your top heavy van with the 10+ ladders on top cant take a curve at half the speed their car can?

someone explain the idiocy behind this behavior.

i've had this happen to me and my car isnt exactly what i would call a performance car. i did build the suspension to handle better than stock but on the outside it looks like grandmas car.

so what gives? why are there so many idiots out there?

i think its funny (not as in ha ha but as in "thats just sad") because they are in a vehicle they paid for which was not built for performance but they try to drive it like one. as for the people in the work vehicle, i'm not sure, cant explain that one.

Andretti

I think what it all boils down to is people's inherent desire to race. It doesn't matter what kind of car someone is driving. If a person has that type of personality, they just HAVE TO TRY. I can feel where they are coming from. I've been tempted in my wife's n/a limited - the slowest car on earth (307ci).

It's the individual...doesn't matter what they drive.

Think about this angle.

I have a high 10 sec GN AND a red PT Cruiser.
Most of the time I drive the PT because my GN has been in the shop most of the past 2 years thanks to a Florida mechanic.

ANYWAY, I do the same thing. There are so many ricers and other hot cars around here that think they are hot stuff, it is sooooo neat to pull up next to a totally unsuspecting Turbo Carrera or Boxter (I hate them) or vette or whatever and I KNOW they can kick my ass BUT the last thing they suspect is a PT is going to try them. I'm good at watching (and knowing the local) lights so I watch them, have one foot on the break and one on the gas, a few revs built up (real quiet) and since they are totally unaware, I can usually take them across the intersection before they know what's happening. THEN I hit the break light and slow down and they are either pissed or we are both laughing. I got an Acura NSX the other day and he was pissed but his girlfriend or wife was howling.

Anyway, it teaches them to pay attention.

NOW when I trade this one in on a new Turbo PT, it might be a little more fun.

Terry

Back